Vector and regions

simdown42

Hi

If I have selected a dedicated region eg Oceania to fly in can Vector interfere with it and its payware airports or should Vector only impact on FTX Global when Global is selected. The reason I ask is I had trouble with an English payware airport since installing vector which has been resolved.

Thanks

Vector FSS0257796 Global FSS0242244

0ld Warden EGTH Someone else had the problem also.The advice we were given was to turn EGTH blg to off in Vector AEC. Tbere is a post somewhere on the forum. The airport was not showing up in Fsx until turned off in Vector I don't believe any other airports are affected.

thanks

Hi!

Yes, airport elevations can't be overriden in FSX (this is by design - thanks to MS) which is why these files might interfere with add-on airports. However, disabling the AEC file for the specific airport fixes the issue.

Generally speaking: other add-ons should be compatible to VECTOR, as long as they do their homework. Had a support issue a couple of days ago where an add-on scenery didn't exclude freeway traffic (however, all other VECTOR data) which is why VECTOR's freeway traffic could be seen all over the add-on scenery. This is not something that we can fix.

Bernd

Archived