Rename it to ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZAS_elevation_adjustment.OFF

(Or vice-versa)

Hi Jean,

Means you have a duplicate file

Browse to F:\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery

Look for a file called: ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Rename it to ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZAS_elevation_adjustment.OFF

(Or vice-versa)

Hi Tim, actually I have quite a lot of .OFF files in that folder! I got a boatload of NZSI and PNW that have the .OFF...should I delete all the .OFF?

Sorry for the dupe thread, I thought since the other one was resolved that it didn't go through. But I do have the elevation issue at Cranbrook as well

Which postiion is FTXcentral in?

The elevation adjustment files are meant to be .BGLs when in a region mode like [North America], [Oceania] or [Global with hybrid mode], and .OFFs when in [Default/Global]

If a region servicepatch is installed when not set to the correct region, it can sometimes cause this issue

Which postiion is FTXcentral in?

The elevation adjustment files are meant to be .BGLs when in a region mode like [North America], [Oceania] or [Global with hybrid mode], and .OFFs when in [Default/Global]

If a region servicepatch is installed when not set to the correct region, it can sometimes cause this issue

So what would be my solution Tim? Other than scrap FSX and restart from scratch :)

I renamed the ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL to .BAK because I already had an ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF

but then after that it moves to another file that has the same issue...and so on! So I am basically screwed now?

Disregard, I just deleted the whole Orbx folder and will reinstall everything

Hi mate, sorry about that, I have lots of family and mothers/step-mothers roaming around the house on holidays........ :wacko:

Just reinstalling my own regions so I can give you firsthand directions, but I see you have reinstalled

To prevent this happening again, always check you are set to the correct region before installing any region servicepacks, I understand Ed is adding a feature in the new installers that forces FTXcentral to the correct setting, more on that later

Hi mate, sorry about that, I have lots of family and mothers/step-mothers roaming around the house on holidays........ :wacko:

Just reinstalling my own regions so I can give you firsthand directions, but I see you have reinstalled

To prevent this happening again, always check you are set to the correct region before installing any region servicepacks, I understand Ed is adding a feature in the new installers that forces FTXcentral to the correct setting, more on that later

No problem tim, I just reinstall everything according to the great guide and all is perfect now :)

Great news,

I hope that the "top 3 traps" during installation and scenery first usage will be managed:

- correct region allocation, as You mentioned

- set mesh to 5m (should be valid for nearly all scenerys, easy to correct afterwards)

- autom. indication for relevant scenery patch....cumullative patch of course ;D .

Wulf

Archived