Bonners Ferry feature request (AWOS)

TymK

Hi,

I finally got 65S last week... I was planning to get it much sooner, but my virtual flying got severely restricted the past few months, and I'm only starting to get up to speed again. Congratulations on the excellent add-on, and thanks for including the RNAV (GPS) approach as well. I intend to be flying from/to the airport quite a lot with real-world weather, so the IFR capability is a huge benefit.

I just have one more little request. Since you'll probably be updating the product to provide an FSX/P3D1/P3D2 installer, would it be possible to add the AWOS in the AFCAD as well?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Tym

• 3 weeks later...

Ive added it to the afcad already Tym, it was be incorporated into a patch but now the patch will become a complete re-release for FSX/P3D1.4/P3D2 and that may be a while. In the meantime you may as well have the updated afcad so just unzip this to your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_65S\Scenery folder and allow it to overwrite the existing file:

http://fullterrain.com/orbxnateam/JimR/65S_ADEX_ORBX.zip

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the file, everything works great. And, thanks again to you and Alex for the beautiful airport and scenery.

BTW, unless it's a secret, can you share anything on the next project you're working on?

Thanks!

Tym

My next project is to get everything working in P3D2 the way it was in FSX, lol. I have a KBHB Bar Harbor, Maine project pretty well underway for FTX Global although it's not an official Orbx project yet. It's more like a micro region with more focus on accurate shorelines and islands, landclass, roads, vehicle traffic, etc. over a fairly large coverage area and includes a couple other small enhanced strips. Somewhat less focus on the airport detail itself since I have very few photos. It uses a lot of commercial imagery, it may not even be feasible due to the cost. It's been dormant for a while with P3D2 and all. No promises just yet :) .

LOL, I don't envy you with all the P3D2 stuff, it seems to involve quite a bit more work that previously expected due to the baked-in shadows, etc.

Regarding KBHB, that's a fair distance away from the last project... ;) I was actually expecting something in your area, but this looks very interesting. BTW, if you ever decide to do something more 'local', KGPI with a micro-region would be beyond fantastic (although it may be slightly larger than the standard Orbx airport size).

Anyway, back to flying... :D Thanks again!

Tym

Archived