Payware EGTH disappeared after VECTOR install

FlexFlier

This may not be a VECTOR issue, but...

I purchased and installed Old Warden (EGTH) with FTX Global, England, Wales and Scotland installed but prior to the release of VECTOR. All was well: a beautiful little airport in the English countryside. After I installed VECTOR, Old Warden is no longer listed as an airport selection; EGTH has reverted to Hatfield and is simply flat terrain with no objects or runways. Please note:

The 2 VECTOR files are in the locations to which they were automatically installed.

The current library (131215) was reinstalled after VECTOR.

Europe was selected in FTX Central.

Cardiff (EGFF) appears in all its glory.

All airports are above the regions in the scenery.cfg file.

In an effort to reinstall, I "deleted" EGTH by removing it from the Orbx folder and the scenery.cfg file. However, upon reinstall I was not asked for the Order No., Purchase Date and Reg. Key; I assume that information is logged somewhere because the data is recognized as valid for a reinstall. If it is necessary to remove that install log, can someone please point me to it and I'll give it a try.

I'm eager to get FTX: EGTH back as I hoped to use it as home base for exploring England low-and-slow. Any help is sincerely appreciated.

I wish you a most Happy New Year and look forward to exploring more of the Orbx-FTX world!

Thank you, Wolter. You made my New Year very happy.

While I was in that folder, I checked for any other AECE***.bgl because I had just bought many more small EU airports, thanks to the wonderful Orbx-FTX sale. As I'm sure you also saw, there are no other such entries. If for any reason the issue comes up again somewhere, I'll now know where to look.

Thanks again.

Happy flying.

~Mike

Looking at the Vector_AEC folder, it has a number of additional airports; maybe they weren't part of Global or the region. EGTH was the only airport of all my installs that was duplicated there but I'll certainly be on the lookout in the future. I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be nice if Vector could check for installed Orbx airports and exclude them from Vector_AEC. Just a thought... 

Cheerio

Archived