Remainder of Oz

}SkOrPn--7

I know I'm jumping the gun but with the release of AU Blue just around the corner I would assume....... That the remainder of Oz is well into development and more than likely adding final touches to those areas too. I guess many are wondering what would be a estimate time frame to see Australia completed and what is the next region for OZ due to be released? Or is it running in order of what is being displayed on the main site that being first release AU Blue then AU Gold followed by AU Green and last but not least AU Red?

Correct. The running order on the "buy now" page is the sequence of release. We don't give out release dates at Orbx, but as a guide we will have all of Australia covered by the third quarter of this year. To create each region using the FTX tech takes an enormous amount of man-hours, and each new region has about 5,000 hours of work put into it, making the price you pay for them all the more of a bargain.

AU GOLD is in pre-production now and the beta testers will have that region to test in immediately following the release of AU BLUE. We'll be posting screenshots of AU GOLD in the week after release of BLUE.

Oki Doki so that is sorted out the order in which to expect region packs and I'm sure the AU Blue will do just fine until next release keeping me occupied. Cant wait to have all of Oz completed because after seeing FTX default FSX just blows chunks.........

Based on the excellent screenshots that I have seen, I believe you when you say not for the faint-hearted.  Completely looking forward to anything Orbx puts out.  In relation to that, I am aware that Holger is working on a northwest region of the U.S. and was wondering if you could provide more information as to the subsequent United States regions, or any other regions in the world that will be forthcoming.

Thanks very much and keep up the great work.

Take your time John and crew I am sure it will be worth the wait. As a business man myself i know the risks and time involved in producing a product and making that product perform to the public need. Rushing any Paywear product and something goes wrong will not only cause doubt in the public eye but will reduce profitability. and with no profit there is no business.

Shane

I am really keen to see the textures that Orbx use in the Northwest of our state (WA) especially in the mining areas as well as along the coast.  I'm afraid that MS's view of our part of the world is sadly lacking.  Anyhow, let's get our hands on Blue first and give Orbx some return on their huge investment and hopefully it will be enough to see them grow and prosper to be able to do all the rest of the stuff they intend to produce.

Cheers,

Archived