FTX Global - Airport Pads Questions (not desert)

GlennH

Hi Orbx,

I got Global yesterday and I have to say in combination with UTX it has made my non FTX region areas worth flying in again. Great job!

I do have one concern which GEX seemed to have fixed in its texture implementation, that being the airport pad colours.

Here is Neil Hills excellent rendition of CYGK, Kingston Ontario as an example:

The first picture shows the airport pad in September season. The green looks good and is fairly consistent with the Global textures.

The second picture shows a nasty straw / yellow colour pad from the summer season which does not fit well with the Global textures at all.

Two questions here. 1) Will OpenLC fix this? 2) If not, can it be fixed in other ways?

Thanks and regards,

Glenn

2web18x.jpg

143bcp.jpg

Hi Glenn,

I'd mention this to Eugene but I'm not sure the airport grass should not be changed as the fall and winter color matches the grass color of many textures. 

However, the name of the airport grass 1 texture for North America is 139b2xxx (found in Scenery/World/Texture), and there are several variations for each season.  You can look at them with "DXTBump" (free download, check Google) and I suppose rename the greener ones to be used as your fall and winter colors.  I'd keep the hw(hard winter) and sp (spring) as is.

Make backups for sure, and you did NOT hear this from me, I know NOTHING.....!!

Cheers, Neil 

Neil,

Thanks.

It's actually the summer season that shows that yellow color airport pad. I'm not sure why it does because the surrounding global textures are very green most of the year except for hard winter.

So I fixed the pads by naming the Summer and Winter textures that were referenced above to match the Fall ones. This seems to work across the USA and Canada with no problems, even in the dry southern areas.

Archived