PAKT sunken apron

peterb

Hi,

Just installed PAKT and problem as shown.  

OTWhX.png

I've tried the suggested solutions about extra PAKT BGL files, reinstalled PAKT and Pacific Fjords and have latest versions of all but without success.

A search for PAKT in FSX comes up with

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\CVX_PAKT.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\cvx_PAKT_PFJ_roads.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\cvx_PAKT_PFJ_roads_traffic.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\cvx_PAKT_water.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY\scenery\FTX_PFJ_objects_PAKT_PLC.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\Orbx_PAKT_APX.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ORBX_PAKT_beacon_LIB.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ORBX_PAKT_beacon_PLC.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\PAKT_60cm.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\PAKT_FS9_PAPI.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\PAKT_LIB.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\PAKT_mesh_multiLOD4-12.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\PAKT_PFJ_roads_EXT.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\000_PAKT.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\000_PAKT_PFJ_excludes_CVX.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\000_PAKT_PFJ_excludes_objects.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_17AK_Ketchikan_TEMSCO_heli_1m_ALT.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_AK1H_Ketchikan_N_Tongass_Hwy_heli_8m_ALT.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl.bgl"

"E:\microsoft flight simulator x\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_Ketchikan_Intl_CVX.bgl"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Hello Peter,

because of the complex scenery there are 2 levels of ground in PAKT, the "old" and the "new". Your Cessna is placed on the old level. Did you save the Cessna on this place BEFORE you installed PAKT? I did the same, and the plane was sitting on this lowest level. Try a new flight and then the plane will sit on the correct level.

Fritz

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to reopen bu I have almost the same issue.

The following 3 screen have been taken at 3 successive sim restart:

qqbo.jpg

389i.jpg

772x.jpg

As you can see I got positioned at 3 different levels. Also when my a/c was positioned correctly, all the other apron objects were still buried. 

The suggestions given above did not fix the problem.

I think something was wrong with installation. I followed the install order as per sticky in this forum, with a minor deviation due to a problem:

• Install FTX-PNW

here the problem, after the installation, trying to switch FTX Central to NA raised an error. Following another post here in the support forum I therefore immediately

• Install Latest Version of ORBXLibs -> checked FTX Central switched to NA
  • Install FTX-PFJ -> checked FTX Central switched to NA
  • Install FTX-NRM -> checked FTX Central switched to NA
  • Install FTX-CRM -> checked FTX Central switched to NA
  • Install Add-on ORBX Airports (Install Latest Patch for Each)
  • Patch FTX-NA Regions
  • Install Latest Version of ORBXLibs -> checked FTX Central switched to NA
This is a very fresh (2 days) O.S. & FSX Gold installation.. FSX is on a dedicated SSD disk. Only other scenary installed before ORBX where

Ultimate Terrain X Europe

Ground Environment X Europe

REXEssentialPlus

This is the FTX Central installed products report:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 131215 15th December 2013FTX CA CBB7 TIPELLA  AIRPORT 1.00 JULY 2013FTX CA CYBD BELLA COOLA AIRPORT VERSION 1.0FTX CAN CEJ4 CLARESHOLM INDUSTRIAL VERSION 2.00FTX CAN CEN4 HIGH RIVER REGIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.10FTX NA 77S HOBBY and OR57 WALKER AIRPORT VERSION 1.0 FTX NA 7WA3 West Wind Airfield Version 1.00FTX NA CRM Central Rocky Mountains V1.00 Patch 002 September 2013FTX NA GA AI TRAFFIC V1.10 December 2012FTX NA KHQM BOWERMAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.0FTX NA NRM Northern Rocky Mountains V1.00 PATCH 003 August 2013FTX NA OG39_49OR VERSION 1.0 FTX NA PAKT KETCHIKAN AIRPORT VERSION 1.1FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.0 Patch 003 November 2012FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 006 December 2013FTX US 2S1 VASHON ISLAND VERSION 1.1 - June 2010FTX US KJAC Jackson Hole AIRPORT VERSION 1.0 MAY 2012FTX US KSFF Felts Field Spokane 1.00 - 27th November 2012FTX US KWYS WEST YELLOWSTONE AIRPORT VERSION 1.10 NOV 2012
Any suggestion on hot to proceed?

Run a search in your FSX install directory for any file containing "PAKT" and rename to ".OFF" any file found outside the "ORBX" folder structure. This is the first point of call for anything elevation related, it removes the possibility of another APX messing with the airport level.

Hello,

most the file with PAKT in their name are under the FSX/Orbx folder, except a few fx_Orbx_PAKT_* under FSX/Effects all named.

And if I slew up to the apron level I can then fly away, but the airport is "desert" since most static objects (airplanes, people, etc) are below it.

Also, doing a quick circuit around it, the entire runway/aprons models is not "seating" on the ground, but elevated, floating, by a few meters...

EDIT: just flushing the scenery cache (by just accessing the FSX scenery library screen, making no changhes) seemed to fix all issues! I now span at the correct level and the objects are all at the correct places too!?

• 1 month later...

I also have this problem.  PAKT is the only ORBX airport I have that this exists.  It should be a simple install, and not more complicated than that.  i don't like messing with the files and shouldn't have to.  Any ideas from the ORBX team? I've tried reinstalling PFJ and PAKT along with their patches to no avail!

-----------------------

NA PNW

NA CRM

NA PFJ

NA SAK

NA N Cal.

NA NRM

PAKT

CZST

CYBD

KJAC

I have had this problem once. I do not have SAK or any of it's add-on airports. I flew from FSX default Juneau to PAKT and encountered the problem. I don't think FSX can deal with a flight from FSX default to PAKT. I have flown to PAKT from Stewart or Seattle (in PNW) with no problems.

I do not know if this is at all helpful but I reframe from flying between FTX and nonFTX airports.

Have a good day,

Tom Wunder

Archived