Crashes when changing airports

Scaber

Hi

This is a bit of an odd one as no one else appears to have mentioned it. I had just re-installed FSX together with a few aircraft and ORB Australia and NXSI, NZNI, BZMF, NZQN. Had a great time with a new clean FSX.

I purchased and installed Global Vector and had a few test flights in New Zealand then spent 90 mins flying around Eastern Australia on line with a group of others. Wonderful, told the others how nice it was to be able to navigate using the (more) accurate roads etc.

The next day flying again I wanted to test some weather changes so decided to swap from one airport to another - each time I did that FSX froze and then crashed.

Eventually I uninstalled FTX Global Vector and the crashes disappeared. I'm wondering if this is something to do with elevation changes as I change airports as  I don't have any global mesh (apart from Holger's Australia).

Any help, suggestions etc would be welcomed as I really did like the roads but also would like to be able to move to another airport while in FSX - especially useful when testing. On a single planned flight all appeared good so maybe it a minor but fatal oversight!

TIA

Greg

Sorry, placed this in the wrong forum and can't work out how to move it or delete it. :-( Would some one be so kind as  to move it to the correct place for me.  :-)

Problem solved, it was the UIAutomationCore.dll problem. I had forgotten to add it to me FSX directory after my reinstall the other day. Global Vector is up and running fine for me with no added mesh apart from Holger's mesh for Australia.

This topic can be marked as solved or answered or what ever is appropriate - maybe 'pilot error' ::)

Archived