Too many trees in Orkney

essel

FTX Global Vector certainly improves the coastlines and roads near where I live, on the island of Sanday, and lochs now appear (correctly) which weren't there at all before. But it has also added lots of buildings and trees - and we have no trees here of any significance. These are views sitting on the runway at Sanday (EGES) first with just FTX Global Base, and then with Vector enabled, in P3D V2. While it's really nice to have the improvements that Vector brings, all these buildings and - in particular - the trees, completely ruin the effect.

N59deg 15.03min W 2deg 34.37min

post-41872-0-42465900-1388235644_thumb.p

post-41872-0-42825700-1388235750_thumb.p

Nope, I think OSM data features polygons referring to golf courses but also parks, little forests etc etc.

It all depends what data was chosen for compilation among the OSM layers. You can choose to export and compile the roads or other polygons elements with some reference to vegetation spots as well

But... how on earth can vector data add trees to a scenery? Isn't that what landclass does?

I think I see what's happening now. Without Vector, the trees and houses are still there, it's just that they are 'flat' textures on the ground. With Vector enabled, there are 3D houses and trees on top of the textures. So perhaps this isn't actually Vector's fault? I don't really understand why the scenery is 'flat' without Vector in the first place. 

Perhaps this will all be fixed when the improved landclass is available?

post-41872-0-62822600-1388255819_thumb.p

post-41872-0-92770700-1388255872_thumb.p

Steve

Archived