Installing FTX Global Vector & Uninstalling UTX - HELP!

mattius

I have shed loads of FTX stuff & UTX Alaska, Canada & Europe. As I now have vector I want to obviously uninstall all 3 UTX's However when uninstalling UTX it gives me the option of a "Minimal" Uninstall as well as one that cleans up & repairs Terrain CFG. With the later option selected it says it could cause problems. Not really sure how to proceed. Any advice would be most welcome! Thanks.,

...had similar problems in the past, in the end had reinstalled the lot. Curious to see what some of the more experienced folks might come with as advice! ...personally I will not rush to purchase vector, prefer to use full fat regions for now. It sounds in need for some patch work.

I have shed loads of FTX stuff & UTX Alaska, Canada & Europe. As I now have vector I want to obviously uninstall all 3 UTX's However when uninstalling UTX it gives me the option of a "Minimal" Uninstall as well as one that cleans up & repairs Terrain CFG. With the later option selected it says it could cause problems. Not really sure how to proceed. Any advice would be most welcome! Thanks.,

Hi Mattius,

Just use the minimal uninstall. I just did the same removing all of my UTX, and it worked fine. If you use the one that repairs the terrain.cfg, you could end up with a hockey sock full of problems!

It would also be a good idea to read the post on the flight 1 website about uninstalling UTX. 

http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-uninstalling-utx_topic47208.html

There is a possibility of it removing a key file BridgeRoads.dds. It suggests that you make a backup. It didn't happen to me though.

Bill

I wouldn't un-install it right away.   You can still turn on and off features until VECTOR is smoothed out in terms of its teething problems.   

I still use features of UTX and will continue to do so until I'm confident this program is rock solid ready.  

Archived