Installer exits (crashes) as it is about to start installing

JimboG

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a school-boy error question but on the pre-reqs where Vector wants .Net 4.0 installed and FTX Global 4.0 I believe that I am covered, but just in case I am not:

I have .NET 4.5 installed - if I attempt to install 4.0 using either the web installer or the redistributable I am told that that version already has a higher version (4.5) installed.

I bought FTX Global on 30th November from FSS, so I believe I have the latest version. In fact, FTX Central tells me that I have the following FTX products installed:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 131027 27th October 2013

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.10 September 2013

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

However, when I run the FTX Global Vector installer, having successfully online-validated and unwrapped the installer I get to the screen where I am asked what version of P3D I want to use (which is V2) it then performs the file condition checker which takes about 5-6 seconds and then just quits out with no warning, error or confirmation. I've tried twice now. I also checked the MD5 of the .zip file, having used GetRight to download it from FSS - all good there too.

I'm using Windows 7 Ult 64bit with P3Dv2.

Solution Found: It was a disk space issue, resolved by freeing up and trying again!

I've posted this anyway just in case someone else has this issue down the line.... thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

James

Archived