Vector and Mesh

cpspok

Ok i now find out that Vector needs a mesh program and like i mentioned in other post and so have many others im not spending another 90 or what ever bucks on the global one by Pilot's . So with this being said is there anyone out here that has tried others or know of other mesh software cheaper or freeware that will work or has been confirmed to work with Vector ?

See if we can get the community to help us all out who has no mesh installed . 

thanks

this is the one i would like to know if it works or will work do to it being 25 bucks only 

FSGenesis

$25 certainly wont get you worldwide mesh coverage. I just bought Vector today and looks like I will need to invest in worldwide mesh coverage as well. FSGlobal mesh would be the best option seeing that it was used in Orbx beta and made by partnering company Pilot's. I will wait to see if us Vector customers can get a further discount on the Pilots's mesh???

I believe mesh incompatibilities will mainly stem from the airport elevation correction. In the uninstallation instructions I wrote up you can deactivate or remove the airport elevation correction files:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70495-uninstall-instructions/?p=648307

Just deactivate the AEC files. Beside that any quality worldwide mesh should prevent obvious errors like water crawling uphill.

The PILOT's team will be able to clarify this point :)

I believe mesh incompatibilities will mainly stem from the airport elevation correction. In the uninstallation instructions I wrote up you can deactivate or remove the airport elevation correction files:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70495-uninstall-instructions/?p=648307

Just deactivate the AEC files. Beside that any quality worldwide mesh should prevent obvious errors like water crawling uphill.

The PILOT's team will be able to clarify this point :)

Did something change...according to JV airport elevations would be optional install for default mesh.

http://orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php?/topic/64909-Global-Vector-will-'need'-mesh?-Discussion.#entry593235

Global Vector will 'need' mesh? Discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It sounds like the install option for AEC files did not get incorporated in the final release. It may be as simple as renaming the AEC file folder and rebooting, if anyone tries this, please let us know the results. I have just purchased Vector, but not downloaded. I have the Europe set of FsGenesis mesh ie NextMap, and I am going to install this into my FTX, and P3DV2 scenery folders. I was always going to buy a world wide mesh sometime, so this whole thing is not a real problem. A bit surprised at the size of the FSGlobal mesh!

I think that there should be an option on install to skip the airport elevations fix as JV once stated and answered, since I was also concerned about this. Of course with some good mesh installed or even better the Pilot's mesh for FTX Global all would be better... Just need to make that clear on install so one can choose.

Ciao

Archived