Purchased VECTOR this morning but validation fails

antonvs

I Purchased FTX: Global VECTOR this morning but online validation failed. I then tried a manual validation but the .fsk file gave the same results. My internet connection is OK and I have never had a problem with validating over 80 online purchases. Some help please.

Hi John and Jay and thanks for your reply. I think you must have been right Jay.

I do use cut and paste and never had this issue before either. This time I cut and paste and everytime I still got the validation error. I even tried doinging a manual validation by getting a .fsk file from FSS but this failed with the same message also. 

I have anti-virus disabled and have fSS as a trusted site. There was nothing different on my system or my process that I am aware of. So to prove my system I have just been to FSS and although it was difficult to find an ORBX product that I did not own (lol), I purchased Skagit (KBVS) and subsequently had the same validation issue. So I then tried installing VECTOR onto my HP DV7 notebook and it worked. So what has changed on my new desktop PC I wondered. I rechecked my computer firewall settings. nothing there.

So I noticed that Avast! needed an update. I did this and noted that one of the new features was to handle firewall blocking of installing programs better.

So I am very happy to say VECTOR has now validated and installed. However when I tried to install Skagit I ran into the same validation error again. And after checking and rechecking the reg details and my setting and several more attempts Skagit would not validate. I made a point of disabling both Avast! and my windows firewall.

I am very confused. I wonder if it is network traffic on the FSS server that is not allowing me to get through. Why did VECTOR all of a sudden validate? Have you any more ideas. I will go off and check my new VECTOR world and forget about Skagit for now.

Thanks again for your patience. Cheers Anton.

Hi, I still have a problem validating any purchase from The FlightSimStore (FSS) over the last week or so. However I did get FTX:Global to validate so I will ask you to close this support thread and l will log a normal post.

Archived