FTX KBZN Bozeman - runway lights

wulfbindewald

Hi there,

the KBZN runway lights appear doubled. It looks like as the original CRM airport lights

are shining through, please see both pics for comparison.

I am using the DX10 scenery fixer, but the crosscheck with DX9 does not solve this.

Anything what I can do on top?

(CRM patch001&002 are installed, checked with and w/o the add. CRM hotfix bgls from 04.11.2013, ADE_FTX_CRM_KBZN_Gallatin.BGL, ADE_FTX_CRM_KBZN_Gallatin_CVX.bgl)

Wulf

Kewjg.jpg

M5sU.jpg

G'day Wulf,

Have a try of this, and see if it gives the desired result:

1. Go to your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN\scenery folder, and find the file named KBZN_ADEX_NH.BGL

2. Rename this file to KBZN_ADEX_NH.BGL.OFF - this is your original backup if you require it later on. 

3. Download this zip file, and drop the new version of the bgl into the same folder. 

This should remove the secondary lights displaying - let me know how you go with this. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

KBZN_ADEX_NH.zip

Hi Jarrad,

thanks for Your support.

I exchanged the .bgl file as required; unfortunately the "basic"

runway lights are still there (DX9 and DX10 checked). 

4OXFY.jpg

I have not made a runway pic, as the content would be the same as shown in mail #5.

Any further ideas?

Wulf

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Wulf,

My sincere apologies - I missed your reply last week. Good news is that I believe this should be the fix you are looking for. Instructions for this round:

1. Go to your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN\scenery folder, and find the file named KBZN_ADEX_NH.BGL

2. Rename this file to KBZN_ADEX_NH.BGL.OFF - this is your original backup if you require it later on. 

3. From the attached zip, place the file named KBZN_ADEX_NH.bgl into this same folder

4. Go to your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery folder, and the file named ADE_FTX_CRM_KBZN_Gallatin.bgl

5. Rename this file to ADE_FTX_CRM_KBZN_Gallatin.bgl.OFF - this is your original backup if you require it later on. 

6. From the attached zip, place the other file, ADE_FTX_CRM_KBZN_Gallatin.bgl, into your FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery folder and you should be good to go.

This should resolve the issue for you, let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jarrad

KBZN APX.zip

Hi Jarrad,

at first many thanks for Your effort. As usual I checked the update in DX9 and DX10.

The good news: The runway lights modification now is ok and only the KBZN-own lights are

visible as it should, please see pic 1.

The bad news: Now the runway approaching lights are completly suppressed, please see pic 2.

Only to be sure I checked again the old original   KBZN_ADEX_NH.BGL from 14.09.2013 which does

not suppress the runway approaching lights.

Any chance to correct this? Waiting for Your feedback.

Regards

Wulf

LBDwb.jpg

fkjt5.jpg

G'day Wulf,

My apologies - I was very remiss and thought I'd already got back to you. Please find the fix for this issue attached, just drop it in your Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN\scenery in your folder and overwrite the existing file. I've done a couple of tests and it's all looking good at my end, fingers crossed it works for you :)

Thanks for your patience,

Cheers,

Jarrad

KBZN_ADEX_NH.zip

Hi Jarrad,

thanks for support.

Unfortunately with  the new  KBZN_ADEX_NH.BGL from 08.02.2014 I am now exactly at the point again which has been described in mail #1 where the CRM-based rwy ligths are again visible.

In Your mail #10 this has been solved, "only" the approach lights are missing. Any bgl mix-up by mistake?

For info:  I am using FTX PAKT and PAJN w/o problems.

I do not use Global/Vector/LC/mesh or UTX or AI traffic SW,  only WOAI which has definetly no

impact to misplacemnets on any airport.

Wulf

G'day Wulf,

I've got to be honest, this one has me stumped. I've done some more searching and to be honest can't understand why it is still displaying through the runway. Unfortunately I'm going to have to mark this as "noted" and keep investigating, sorry for the inconvenience. I'd recommend using the last .bgl attached as this seems to provide the least amount of visual clash. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived