FTX Region Night Lights Bug

Guest dellycowboy

Guest dellycowboy

Products FTX IRL & FTX Global running on DX10 with DX10SceneryFixer

FTXGlobal works brilliantly, I get nice looking (yellow since 1.2) street and house lighting for example in Paris

charlesdegaulle.jpg

But when I go to FTX IRL using any FTX mode Global (Hybrid or not Hybrid) or Europe I see 

nolights.jpg

I have tried reinstalling and nothing works. Also the very dim lights you can see there flicker on/off. I realise its DX10 but its the same in DX9, why doesn't it look like FTX Global?

Hi there,

none of the European regions use the brighter and more fps-friendly FTX Global lighting system yet but will be updated in the near future; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/69612-ftx-eu-ireland-released/?p=640926 . Same for the North American and New Zealand regions; Australia already has been converted.

Cheers, Holger

Guest dellycowboy

Ah.. that explains it Holger thanks. I look forward to the update.

And thanks wulf too, yep had the nights light set, but here is our answer FTX IRL is not yet DX10 compatible, but I'm glad you guys got it out first because I have really enjoyed flying around Ireland, its really well done and even works nicely with EIRSIM airports. You also have my old golf course where it should be :)

• 3 months later...
Guest dellycowboy

So, 5 months down the road are we any closer to getting the new night lighting in IRL or has this been canned with the change in studios?

So, 5 months down the road are we any closer to getting the new night lighting in IRL or has this been canned with the change in studios?

The EU regions are up next to receive new lighting. All of the North American regions have just finished being updated this week.

Archived