Need Help Please FTX Global Install with both patches - Pics of Problem - Water and Trees

PeteBest

Hi Guys - would appreciate your assistance to rectify whatever is the problem. Further details in my post of 17 Dec -

Friday Harbour - FTX Central set to Global (no hybrid checked)

CH60T.jpg

Switched to Algeria for a comparison same FTX Central settings

Water in the Desert

xKDbh.jpg

and Houses in the Water

I1fTk.jpg

ORBX Milford Sound Before

LKXTi.jpg

Now with FTX Central set to Australia

JxtHC.jpg

Before

Eb0C.jpg

Now

Il7Ot.jpg

Every thing appeared ok with the install see 17 Dec post - I do not have any third party scenery other than the ORBX files listed in my signature Would appreciate advice as to possible remedies please -

Run latest libraries,also if you have any third party AI planes my traffic x etc make sure they are Below any Orbx or FTX files in scenery library.

These have worked for me when my install gets screwed up.Good luck

Gary

Thanks for the heads up on the latest library - downloaded and installed but no difference Im afraid ;-(

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

it looks as if parts of your terrain.cfg file have become corrupted. Probably the easiest fix is to "refresh" it. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between regions (doesn't matter which) to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Pete,

it looks as if parts of your terrain.cfg file have become corrupted. Probably the easiest fix is to "refresh" it. The active terrain.cfg is located in the main FSX folder and there's a backup of the original version in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. Make a copy of your active terrain.cfg (as a safety backup) and then overwrite it with the original version. Then you need to start and cycle FTX Central at least once between regions (doesn't matter which) to automatically re-insert the FTX custom entries. Also, if you own other add-ons that require custom entries, like Ultimate Terrain or FSAddon, you'll need to run their setup tools or repair options as well.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Did as you suggested and it did clear the trees and Houses at Friday Harbour but when I changed to ORBX Milford Sound the trees are still in the water and the hills and landscape still looks cr-p. -strangely enough the airport and immediate surrounds are fine.

Tried a few others like YMRY with Default and it looks ok apart from a whole lot of black boxes that I didn't have before? Also notice that all my OzX airports have been blown away?

I have attached a shot of my FTX Central after installing Global and note im missing FSX Default and Oceania is also awol. Is that normal?

fOukJ.jpg

Thanks for your help to date 

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

FTX Global replaces the default textures hence the Default button is no longer available. The Oceania button disappears when installing an Australia region after New Zealand; re-installing the NZSI.002 service pack from our support page should fix that, possibly even fix the other remaining issues.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

FTX Global replaces the default textures hence the Default button is no longer available. The Oceania button disappears when installing an Australia region after New Zealand; re-installing the NZSI.002 service pack from our support page should fix that, possibly even fix the other remaining issues.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Sorry for the tardy reply - mate thanks very much for your help, did the re-install of NZSI.002 and it fixed Milford Sound up allright but I still had the problem of the black blob trees everywhere and other issues arising from the Global install - found it also blew away my local OZx Airports and its just become too hard. I have bitten the bullet, formatted the drive and have nearly finished a fresh install of FSX with Gold/Acceleration.

So far with most of my add ons installed including my PMDG J41 Im locked in at 30FPS and smooth as the Babys b-m.

Given the apparent issues with Global I don't intend to reinstall it or Vector until it gets sorted instead I'm going to install FS Global Ultimate Asia/Oceania mesh and all my old Au Regions and OZx & Orbx Airports which worked fine for me and go flying instead of stuffing around.

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply with your suggestions.

Cheers Pete

Archived