AI FTX AU British Aerospace HS 125-800 'Missing Texture'

davidpope

On doing some troubleshooting of low FPS at certain Australian airports I found that an AI plane included in the latest FTX AU traffic 4.1 ("AI BAe HS-125-800.mdl" in the FTX AU British Aerospace HS 125-800) was seeking to load a texture that did not exist ("AIGIV.BMP") and this texture was not even needed to render the model. FSX was constantly trying to find and load this 'missing' texture at AU airports. This searching for missing textures is known to effect FSX's performance.

On investigating the workings of the "AI BAe HS-125-800.mdl" file it does indeed contain a call to the texture "AIGIV.BMP" but it shouldn't as this texture is no longer part of the model.

I have not been able to alter the mdl file to remove this texture from it.

Can future releases either fix the mdl file so that this texture is no longer searched for by FSX or provide an alternative AI plane to be used in the AI traffic files?

Meanwhile it may be best to disable this plane in the FTX AU Traffic package

The developer of this aircraft has long since left the flight sim scene so fixing the model is not now possible. When I find these incorrect texture calls, I just place a dummy texture with the required name in the main FSX texture folder. I'll do that for AIGIV.BMP in the next AI traffic update.

Archived