Incorrect Flight Plan NA Blue PNW

jb44mag

Some flight plans appear to be incorrect in NA Blue PNW.  I installed PNW quite some time ago, and AFTER installation found some Low Altitude airway plans to cause FSX to crash.  For example a Low Alt flight plan from KPAE to CYZP displays an incorrect plan and will cause FSX to crash when approaching the US/Canadian border.  The same occurs in a reverse flight plan.  High Altitude Flight plans and GPS direct flight plans are OK.  However a GPS direct plan that has been changed by dragging the course line may cause FSX to crash when approaching the border.  I have purchased and installed with all updates: BLUE PNW, FTX NA GOLD, FTX GLOBAL, BLUE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

Here is a screen shot (if I have figured out how to do it) of the above referenced flight plan that you can see is clearly incorrect.  FSX Default plans were correct.

a1p7P.th.jpg

Hi there,

interesting. I have no clue where the coding in FSX resides that deals with flight plans but I can't think of any way how that would be influenced by any of our landscape/scenery add-ons. If you set FTX Central to Global without vector roads and hybrid mode active are the crashes still happening? If so that would indicate that FTX add-ons aren't the culprit because Global alone only replaces textures. If the crashes disappear then there might be an odd interaction with one of the region's components and we'd have to dig deeper by selectively deactivating folders and/or files.

Cheers, Holger 

I set FTX Central to Global and made hybrid mode and vector roads inactive and the low altitude flight plan now is correct and there are no crashes when approaching the border.  Wouldn't this now indicate that BLUE PNW is the culprit?  I originally noticed the problem immediately after installing FTX NA BLUE PNW.  I did not purchase and install FTX Global until months later.

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim,

indeed, if deactivating PNW fixes the issue then something in those files appear to contribute to the crashes. I also found your previous post that indicated the same -- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63097-flight-plan-problems-ftxg-and-nablue/?hl=%2Blow+%2Baltitude+%2Bflight+%2Bplan -- though further searches revealed no one else with the same problem. In other words, it may not be a general PNW problem but something specific to your system/setup/aircraft that causes the incompatibility.

Usually, in cases without a smoking gun the procedure is to iteratively deactivate/reactivate specific components. In your case that's probably not a very attractive proposition as you'd need to repeat the problem flight each time. However, if you want to pursue this I'd start with switching back to North America, then unchecking in the scenery library menu the "FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY", "FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX", and "FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM" entries. That would only leave the terrain mesh files active. It that checks out, reactivate "FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX", and "FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM", which contain the landscape components. Last check would be "FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY", which contains the airport enhancements and other model placements. 

Of course, even if you're able to pinpoint a specific folder then the "fun" begins looking at separate file groups... 

Something else you might try is a general Google search for "FSX low altitude flight plan crashes" or similar. Perhaps your specific problem is part of a more generic issue that might help us narrow down the search.

Cheers, Holger

Archived