Little black boxes all over the place !

thecanarian

Hi,

I've just installed FTX : Global 1.10 and immediately loaded the 1.20 patch. I set the sliders in FSX as advised and took my first flights. The first from Riga and the second from Munich. All over the landscape there are little black boxes where obviously autogen has not rendered the object correctly. I've also got the FTX: England and Scotland and they're still working fine.

Are these black shapes a known fault with an easy fix .... I do hope so.

How big are they?  I typically get a little black box flash when I first see a light (airport beacon, runway lights, another airplane's lights, ramp lights, etc. - essentially any effects-based lights)  But it sounds like yours are on.

R/

..... I typically get a little black box flash when I first see a light....R/

As the main topic here is resolved......  I too see this 'little black box' mainly on my taxi/landing light(s) which then clears after a couple of seconds - why is that ?  Simply the gfx card playing catch-up ?

As the main topic here is resolved......  I too see this 'little black box' mainly on my taxi/landing light(s) which then clears after a couple of seconds - why is that ?  Simply the gfx card playing catch-up ?

That's quite normal Kevin and a quirk of FSX... I wonder if the same anomaly is present in P3D?

I figured it was an FSX issue - that said, the way the human brain and sight works, that little black square flash actually helps pick out other airborne aircraft in FSX if they have their lights on (dusk to dawn and landing).  You could probably see these aircraft in the real world but the graphics limitations cannot match the real world and I normally cannot, even when ATC gives me a call as to where they are (of gorse getting the "traffic at 7 o'clock" when you are flying a 737 doesn't help either).  Thus a "glitch" but a helpful one.

Archived