FSX.EXE file not found

AlwaysRight

I've recently purchased FTX Australia SP4 but cannot install it. I get the following error message when prompted to choose between FSX and P3D installation:

Error. Radio Buttons On Next, Line 10: Argument 2 must be of type string

Stack traceback

1: Radio Buttons on Next Line. 10 in main chunk

I have downloaded and run the http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes_patches/FSX_Registry_Fix.zip

but get an error message saying the fsx.exe file is not found. I have searched my entire C: and D: drives for fsx.exe but cannot find it.

Am I missing something? Is there some other base FTX software I need to get before loading SP4?

Please can someone help? The "support" offered by Flightsimstore has been absolutely useless.

.........but get an error message saying the fsx.exe file is not found. I have searched my entire C: and D: drives for fsx.exe but cannot find it.........

You should have the folder for FSX somewhere on C or whatever drive you installed your FSX. In this folder you should find fsx.exe.

Maybe you have to change the setting to see the file-extension and also the hidden files. After this you will see the fsx.exe.

Spirit

If you cannot remember where you installed FSX.  Do this;

You should have a shortcut to start FSX on your desktop, or whatever you use to start FSX, then, right click on the shortcut, select 'properties', and in Shortcut tab, you will see 'Target'  box.   This will give you the path and location of FSX.exe.  To see whole path you might have to click in the box, make sure it's not actually highlighted, click again if it is, then use left and right arrow keys to move the text along. Note; don't use backspace key. be carefull not to delete any text, and if you accidently do, just hit cancel.

If you start FSX from the programs list, it is still a shortcut and same thing applies.

In the FSX registry fix app. click the: 'locate fsx.exe and update registry' tab.   Then browse to the .exe file with the information given in the target box. follow from there.

Cheers,

Ron.

• 1 month later...

Archived