FTX Golabl installation issue

DocBird

I have down loaded FTXG and isntalled it into P3D2 without any issues.

Now I tried to install it into FSX and everything works until after the back-up of the files. Than it says that there are sufficient Information for the Installation. But than there is no Installation. Only the warning that I should not "finish" the wrapper before the installer have finished ist work.

I have waited for minutes but there is no Installation going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Till,

Does the backup of files complete? Could you provide a screenshot of where it gets stuck in the process of installing? Here is how to post a screenshot to the forums:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hi Alex,

Yes the back-up is completed (and the problem even occured when I choosed to "cancel" the backup in the second attempt).

After the backup (yes I again backed them up in the third attempt) it says that the installer has sufficient information for the installation. After that I would expect to have the installation for the next 5 minutes (or so) but there is no installer but only the Wrapper.

I will post a screen shot tonight (our time) when I am back at home.

Hi Alex!

Yes the back-up is completed and than it says "the installer has enough Information to install ..." and "... Verifying the file conditions..." Than the installer Closes and only the wrapper remains open.

That's it.

Can this be caused by the fact that the ORBX-Folder in my C:-Drive is only a link (created with the "DirectoryLinker") to an ORBX-Folder on my I:-Drive?

Hi Till, 

how much free space do you have on your system drive. From memory the installer needs around 15gb free space.

Hi Ed,

yes I had that issue when I unwrapped the software for the installation in P3D2.

I freed up some more space (appr. 11 GB) and it went well into P3D2. I freed up 11 GB of space on my SSD and assumed that this would be sufficient for the installation into FSX since the default textures should be deleted (backed them up to my I:-Drive). As I have mentioned when I installed it to P3D2 I had the issue while running the wrapper not after the default textures have been backed-up and the installer should run.

Is it actually 15 GB? So I will have to make some "arragenemts" before trying again...

The installer doesn't actually delete the default textures, it merely overwrites them. Seeing you have them backed up, you can try manually deleting them before installing.

Thanks for that information, Ed!

So how much will the scenery folder grow up by installing FTXG?

Do I understand you correct that it goes all into the FSX/Scenery folders and not into the FSX/Orbx folder? If that is the case I may end up and link that scenery-folder to my I:-Drive (HDD).

BTW: Will I have that trouble again once VECTOR and LC come out or will VECTOR and LC install into the Orbx-folder?

Archived