2w3 Eatonville Elevation - Global patch 1.2

Jotayhen

Hi Fellas,

I just installed the latest FTXGlobal patch 1.2 this morning.  I then went to one of the FTX airports I have (2w3, Swanson) and found the runway positioned on top of a tall berm.  I downloaded and installed the latest orbx library (131027) thinking this might resolve my issue however the runway elevation is still off.  Prior to installing the latest FTXGlobal patch I did not have this problem.

I have not tried to un-install and re-install 2w3 yet.  I thought I would ask here first.  Also my FTX Central is set to "Global - hybrid" and I installed the latest library with the FTX setting in that mode.

Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks!

John

EDIT:  Don't know what happened or why however when I switched FTX Central from "Global - hybrid" back to "North America" the runway elevation problem resolved itself.  I then switched back from "North America" to "Global - hybrid" and the runway elevation problem remained fixed.  All is now well and, although I am no wiser regarding why it happened, I am thankful and will move on!

Hi John,

2W3 has an elevation change to allow it to sit correctly with the PNW mesh.  Use of the "Global-hybrid" mode turns off the elevation change and that is the reason for the the airports positioning.  When flying in any of the NA areas please activate the "North America" choice in FTX Central.

Cheers, Neil

• 2 years later...

Archived