FS Global 1.2 night textures

mjleprix

I know you guys may be busy with getting other things ready for release but This issue with the missing vector lights is foxing me and I need help. It is FTX global 1.1 updated to 1.2. As you can see from the pics I originally had the vector lights but had patches caused by Van plus since uninstalled and now have no road vector lights. Incidentally the terrain config for Van Plus still lies in the terrain config .Could this be the problem? It is running in hybrid mode with vector road lights ticked.

I would be grateful for your imput.

Mike P

Hi there,

the FTX Global vector lights are attached to the default road network; if that somehow is excluded by another add-on then the lights won't display either. Do you see the default vector roads during daylight hours?

The Vancouver+ terrain.cfg entries are specific to that add-on and don't interfere with anything else.

Cheers, Holger

the default vector roads are there during daylight plus traffic but since my investigation into the light patches which must have been associated with van plus the vector road lights have not returned and you can see they were present initially, Holger i cann't think of anything which could have affected their disappearance. For the record I have only uninstalled Van plus because it relieves the fps a bit. I know it is close to your heart.

Mike

Guest dellycowboy

I can't start a new topic but I have a similar problem with FTX IRL + FTX Global (Hybrid or not) or even running in FTX Europe mode.

I have no or very few dim/small vector road lights despite the roads being there (and very few other lights), they also flicker badly as I fly around or zoom in even though I have run DX10SceneryFixer 1.2 and don't have this problem in FTXG Paris where I get vectored lights in Hybrid mode.

nolights.jpg

As a workaround I am using UT roads to drive FTX Vector lights with this nice hack http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419199-no-vector-road-lights-with-utx/page-2 just to get some road lights, actually your lights look far better than UT lights and the effect is better than default FTX Vector lights but the problem is when I fly to Europe I have to turn them off because they combine with the working FTX Vector lights and cause a big FPS slow down.

utxandftxlights.jpg

I am sure there will be a huge frown and plenty of tutting on this inventive solution but please could you help me get the above affect without using UT roads hack? The screenshots that led me to buying IRL doesn't look like what I am seeing in pic 1.

I noted your point about hidden roads but even disabling all UT items, and the roads being there in the day time I do not see proper lighting like I do in Paris. Its so complicated!

For reference here is what Paris suburb looks like with the same settings i.e. working properly
charlesdegaulle.jpg

Archived