Scenery Library order

earnorbust

Hi guys

I think the positioning of your files in my scenery library may be wrong.

My  files: FTXAU48_CUSTOM.........to........FTXAU05_ROADS  (7 files)      are at priority positions 25...19

My files: FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM........to........FTX_AA_2S1  (18 files)  are at lower priority positions 43...26

Shouldn't all the ORBX custom scenery files be at a higher priority positions then the FTXAU...files (priority 18....1)?

Hi there,

FTX Central automatically sorts all FTX entries alphabetically and we've made sure with the naming that they end up in the right order. For each individual region add-on (PNW, CRM, etc.) it's important that the four entries are in a specific order, hence the 05 to 08 numbers in their names. Airport add-ons, on the other hand, need to be above the regions and thus get the _AA_ suffix. 

In short, it's all done automatically and correctly for you.

Cheers, Holger

Wow...Holger Sandmann personally  ::)

I truly appreciate all the great work you have contributed to the sim community over the many past years.

This is really an honour to talk to you personally!

To be sure, that everything is correctly installed - I will post that section of my scenery library.

And thank you very much for your help!

9W57M.jpg

Hi there,

appreciate the kind words!

I see how one can get confused given that the AU regions don't have the "_" between the "FTX" and region indicator and generally use a slightly different naming convention. However, all our Australian airport addons have been similarly named so that the alphabetically sorted display priority of the entire FTX group is still correct.

Cheers, Holger

But Holger, for my understanding...why should general settings like shores, roads and other files have a higher priority then the airports??

I always thought airport scenery must be at top priority.

In my scenery library the scenery bgls for "Orcas Island" (Kors) for instance will be overwritten (overdrawn) by the higher priority bgls in the FTXAU05_ROADS, FTXAU35_SCENERY files etc.

I always thought, you were not supposed to overstack your airport files?!

Could you please explain - I am a little confused now.

best of

Robert

Hi Robert,

you're of course correct in that assumption about the proper order of landscape versus airport addons but that only applies for add-ons that spatially overlap. The files in the FTXAU... folders only cover Australian areas while KORS is in the North American PNW region. They simply don't overlap spatially hence there's no cause for concern.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived