Refund Please! FTX Global :( So sad.....

kBiff

Sorry, nothing but frustration. I can't install to FSX period. Also, this problem seems to be well known and no one is posting an answer to the "radio button" issue in any thread. You are looking for top dollar for a product that has install bugs.

What I have done:

Followed FTX Uninstall directions and removed from Prepar3D

Attempted to reinstall - "radio button" error message

Unzipped the download and attempted to reinstall from a new copy - "radio button" error message.

All I can assume is that when you put in the order number and registration key a registry entry is added that links to what it thinks is your current flight sim file directory whether prepar3d or FSx and voila... that's that/ You can erase folders to your hearts content and nothing will get fixed.

Ken

FSS0246925

Sorry to hear of your frustration Ken.

That radio button messages relates to a missing registry entry. The installer looks in your registry for the Setup path of either FSX or P3D.

This messages means that the entry is missing.

There's a great tool from TweakFS which repairs and sets these registry entries.

I'm at works at the moment so I'll posted the link later unless someone else does in the meantime.

Global will install it's texture files to the Scenery/World/Texture folder. The remaining scripts and core Orbx elements all go to Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX

If you want confirmation that it is installed, load up anywhere in the world, take a screenshot, and attach it to your post as described here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Archived