FTX Global install error "Radio Buttons 01"

kBiff

Hi just purchased and get the following error:

Radio Buttons 01> On next, Line 10: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1: {Radio Buttons 01> On Next] Line 10 in main chuck

My computer setup before install:

Prepar3d 1.0 + Orbx free demo> Bowerman Airport installed to prepared/

FTX Global Install: Want to install to my new FSX but when that radio button is selected I get the error/

Ken

FSS0246925

Thank you. What I am trying to do is to install FTX Global to work with FSX. I don't use prepared. Installing the Bowerman airstrip was an experiment to see if I wanted to by Orbx. So, all I am trying to do is to get FTX global to work.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The radio button error means that the installer can't find the path to the simulator you have selected. If you've moved your FSX install you should run the registry fixer to correct the entries:

http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes_patches/FSX_Registry_Fix.zip

Same problem with South Island.

So the registry fixer does not  fix the problem.

What now ????

#FSS0263631

• 6 months later...

The registry fix is not suited to 64 bit Windows versions, the correct registry key is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath

You can modify this entry by careful use of the Registry Editor.

Please read this FAQ topic

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72243-radio-buttons-error-message-during-install/

First, I must point out that major damage can be done to your OS by

incorrect changes to the computer registry.

That said, if you are very careful not to change anything else, this is a safe operation.

Your decision.

Opening the Registry Editor.

This is for Windows 8.1 and there are other ways.

Here is a link for other Windows versions.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry/ht/open-registry-editor.htm

Right click on the taskbar or start button and from the menu select Task Manager.

Open it and then from the top left hand corner, select File\Run new task.

In the box type regedit and then click on OK

You can navigate to the correct location just as you do with Windows File Explorer.

I am assuming FSX but you can find the P3D locations in the link in my previous post.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath

If you find the  entry but the SetupPath entry does not point to your FSX installation, right click on SetupPath and select Modify.

Enter the correct path to your FSX folder in the Value Data box and click on OK.

Okay, I was able to access my system registry but fsx is missing. Guess that makes sense why the orbx exe can't locate it. I'm now trying to figure out how to fix this and get fsx in the registry.

Thanks for the info. Does make any sense to you that I have my fsx info under:

Hkey_current_user

Not

Hkey_local_machine??

Yes, if you have a 32 bit Windows version, I am guessing you don't,

or if you used the registry fix, the 32 bit entry will have been added there.

Did you install FSX or did you copy it from elsewhere, it should have written the entry

into the registry during the installation?

WOW! I've been flying the MSFS skies since 1998 and was completely unaware of the "fix" being only 32 bit. I've never had cause to use it over the years through 9 or so different PC's and half a dozen different OS's, so I never ran into any issues. But just goes to show, as soon as you think you've experienced it all there is still something else to learn.

Thanks for that golden tidbit.

If my fsx is not showing in the registry (or at least the correct path in the registry) is reinstalling it going to do any good? If the registry fixer is just going to add it the 32 bit version is there anyway I can enjoy this addon I paid for? Should I just request a refund and keep playing on the default settings?

If you can, I would suggest that you do reinstall FSX,

I don't know another way to add the correct entries to the registry.

EDIT: Actually I do.

For 64 bit Windows ONLY

I have made a registry entry which contains only the SetupPath,

set as F:\FSX.

I have exported this and saved it so that it can be merged into the registry on

another PC.

Naturally, once the entry is in that registry, it will have to be edited to point to

the path to the actual FSX installation on that PC if different.

I have attached it to this post.

****I must repeat the warning about editing the registry.****

Only if you decide to go ahead, unzip the attached file and you will see a file named

FSX Location.reg.

Right click on it and you will see a drop down menu, select Merge.

A warning will appear, click Yes, only if you wish to proceed.

You will then have this entry in your Registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\SetupPath,

pointing to an install location of F:\FSX

You will then need to navigate to it and amend the SetupPath to the actual location of FSX on your machine.

I have tested it on my own installation, temporarily replacing the existing entry.

I can confirm that whatever path I added and I tried a few spurious ones, an FTX installer

followed that path.

I repeat for the final time, you do this at your own risk.

FSX location.zip

I tried it and ftx global installed.  That is the good news.

The bad news is when I loaded FSX, while it did update the scenary library during my first load up, none of the textures are different in game.

Within in FTX Central I am receiving two errors which I'm hoping you have seen before and know what to do.

Custom Files Validation Report
FSX file does not exist.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen\default.xml

FSX file does not exist.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen\default.xml

FSX file does not exist.

Apply region error report.
FSX File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\default.xml

Check that you have installed to the exactly right location

I suspect that FTX Central is looking for the wrong location.

Look for an ORBX folder inside your FSX root folder

If you don't find one, search your computer for it and find out where the

installer put it.

Where exactly is your FSX installed to, the whole path would be useful.

I may have spoke too soon.  I went into my autogen folder and updated the default.xml from defaultold.xml.  I think I changed that several months ago after being told it somehow improved tree textures.  Since I did that I no longer receive any errors w/in FTX Global.  So that hopefully puts me on the right track.

On a side note: I also purchased and downloaded the FTX NABLUEPNW addon and installed that tonight since you solved my initial registry issue.  That appeared to install successfully.  I went into FTX Central and applied that scenary because I wanted to make sure I was seeing default graphics - not ORBX - in my native Seattle environment because I know so well in FSX.  After loading the game again, and FSX adding new textures during the initial load, the game still has no change in graphics.  I don't think my graphic settings affect these new textures too much do they?  Even if they do I have them pretty high.

To answer your questions (if it's still relevant) the ORBX folder is located within my Flight Simualtor X folder.  The complete path is: program files (x86) - Microsoft Games - Microsoft FSX- ORBX.

~Thanks for all your recommendations thus far and helping a rookie out. Hopefully I'm 95% there...

It sounds to me that you have successfully applied the entry to the registry and that it does

indeed point to the correct location of your FSX.

I assume you installed the latest Orbx library after you had installed the products?

shoot  -  that screenshot didn't upload.

Anyhow, I updated my library with FTXORBXLIBS_140703 and did a few flights w/ both FTX global and FTX PNW and all scenary is still default.  I know this must be nearly impossilbe to diagnose where you are at.  Seems very odd to me.  I have some screen shots but even with ultra high settings everything looks pretty much default.  Any clue why this might be happening to me?

It is a bit difficult to gauge exactly what is wrong as this task has clearly started with

an incomplete installation of FSX.

I wonder what else you may have amended in the past other than the autogen default.xml.

Perhaps you can check and see if the files are there in your ORBX folder.

You should see an FTX_AU, FTX_NA and an FTX_GLOBAL folder among others.

A simple way to check is to set FTX Central to North America and see what Seattle looks like,

then to Global and see if it looks any different.

A screen shot of each might help, or one if there is no difference.

Here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

is how.

Also, I must correct some wrong information I posted earlier.

This registry tool, by TweakFS does function in both 32 and 64 bit Windows versions.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/FSX-Registry-Utility-Download-74741.html

The Flight 1 and similar older versions are not capable of checking for

the 64 bit entry and will report it missing, though it actually is

reporting that the 32 bit Windows version registry entry is missing,

as one would expect in a 64 bit system.

I think it would best for me to buy fsx off amazon and reinstall from scratch. I don't know what else to do and I can't find the discs. You've been a big help and thanks for the all the info. It sounds like the registry may be the issue and with a fresh install of discs would probably fix that. I guess?

I can use ftx in the standard version of fsx right? Just download service pack 2 as well?

You could do that, there is an SP1 as well as an SP2.

Does your present installation appear in the Windows\

Control Panel\ Programs and Features list?

I see your version of Amazon sells "used" copies.

NOT recommended.

I am still curious, did the files install to your FSX\Orbx folder?

Would you post a screen shot of Seattle, or would you rather

stop this line of enquiry?

If so, please delete the registry entry that you added so as to avoid

problems when you try to install your new copy.

Hey Nick,

I tested it as you indicated and turns out it did install correctly. My problem mostly was that my autogen density was set too low to where most trees would not get rendered. Additionally some of my other scenery sliders were too low as well to bring out the new and updated scenery files. So, you fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help. Time to get a new processor to get my fps back up.

Archived