PNW Scenery not displaying

blee3874

I am new to FSX, so please bear with my ignorance.  I purchased OBRX PNW yesterday.  I have successfully installed it and eliminated error messages.  However, when I launch FTX and then FSX and select an airport within the PNW flight area, I do not see the enhanced graphics.  Is there something I need to do within FTX or FSC in order to make this work.  Thank you in advance for your assistance

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

If your PNW installation was indeed successful (I'm not sure what you mean by "eliminated error messages"?) you should have a block of FTX entries in your FSX scenery library menu, including four "FTX_NA_PNW05_[...]" entries and a "FTXAA_ORBXLIBS" entry. Can you confirm their presence? 

If those exist it might be helpful to see some screenshots because a visual diagnosis tends to be much easier than verbal. Instructions on posting screenshots are here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your assistance and patience with a newbie.  I do have FTXAA_ORBXLIBS in the first position, and FTX_NA_PNW05 thru 08 in the 2nd thru fifth position in the scenery library.  When I fly with North America selected I see a slightly improved scenery from the cockpit mode over the default mode; however, when I select F12, I see a very detailed high level graphics (almost the quality of google earth). However when I press F9 to go back to  cockpit view, the graphics become significantly less detailed and in my opinion, just slightly higher than the default mode setting graphics.  Based on the detail I saw in the advertisements, I am not seeing the full level of detail I should be.  Is there another setting I must activate?  I attempted to take screen shots to show you however when I press "V" I get a message "Unable to take Screenshot".  When I go to my photo library there is nothing in it.   Please advise what I am not doing correctly to get this up and running

thank you in advance for your assistance.

Archived