FTX NA Blue PNW Install problem

CathyH

I just downloaded and installed PNW as well, and found trees and houses in the water near Vashon Island. Also, the scenery looks a bit off otherwise. After using the beautiful PNW demo (and then uninstalling it using the official Orbx demo uninstaller) I'm hoping now I can get PNW looking beautiful. I purchased, downloaded, and installed PNW just a few hours ago, in case that's important. 

Order: NA Blue  FSS0246449

Thanks!

Very smiilar problem here - I uninstalled the PNW demo with the official tool, and then purchased and installed the full PNW region, plus the latest PNW patch, and then the latest ORBXLIBS as well for good measure. My screens look very similar with constantly morphing tiles, trees in the water, lakes where they should not be, palm trees near 11S, etc.

I had FTX Global 1.1 installed prior to this with no issues, and now when I switch to Global in FTX Central, the tiles are completely messed up outside of the PNW region. Thankfully I had completely backed up my system prior to the PNW install so I can try again without too much of a mess to clean up.

Can one of the Orbx team share the exact steps to install a region AFTER Global has been installed? I searched the FAQs and could not find this info. I was not sure whether FTX should have been set to Global, or North America when uninstalling the PNW demo and then installing the full PNW region, as well as the PNW patch and ORBXLIBS.

FSS0247650

Thanks,

Ryan

FWIW, I tried again today with my backed up hard drive and everything seems to have worked properly this time. I did NOT use thie PNW demo uninstaller. Instead, I switched to FTX Global, then went into the ORBX folder and manually deleted all the PNW folders inside. I then deleted the PNW entries from FSX addon scenery. I allowed FSX to rebuild the scenery database after each step. I made sure FTX Global was selected before installing the PNW region, then switched to NA before installing the PNW 5 patch and newest orbxlibs.

Not sure if this the recommended procedure from Orbx, but it worked for me.

This was actually my third attempt to install PNW, and I can definitely confirm the PNW demo uninstaller tool caused the issue on my system. It messed up my scenery again on my second attempt before I realized it was the culprit.

Hi there,

it's possible that the PNW uninstaller removes some of the files required by Global but that should be resolved by re-installing the current Orbx Libraries, which should be the last step after installing a new region anyway. Not sure why that didn't work but your approach -- manually deleting the four PNW folders -- is a suitable alternative since it won't remove any of the files that FTX Global uses.

Cheers, Holger

Archived