Flush Scenery Indexes

jewel77

Hi there,

not sure what happened to your previous post but it wouldn't have been deleted deliberately.

I doubt that flushing the scenery indices would create any problems because all the function does is remove the .dat files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes, which forces FSX to rebuild them next time it starts up. It's actually meant as a "house cleaning" step in case something went wrong with the scenery.cfg file. You could open up the scenery library menu and then press OK to force FSX to check the .dat files but, as I mentioned, that would have happened automatically.

Are you sure you haven't added or changed anything else since running FTX Central that might cause the CTDs? Do you receive any specific error messages?

Cheers, Holger

OK i apologise about the delete of the previous post. Maybe it was a system fault.

I forgot to mention that everytime FSX starts it rebuilds scenery files. This weird issue and CTD's appear after pressing this button.

I searched internet and found that another guy had CTD's after pushing this button. That's why i think that maybe this is the cause. 

Hi there,

odd about the scenery library refreshing though it could indicate an underlying issue with your scenery.cfg file, like duplicate internal numbering or missing folders. If you have any entries unchecked try re-activating them as that may get you specific error messages.

Cheers, Holger

Archived