A challenge for the team

tuisong

Well, I have almost completed my tour of all New Zealand's (well over 700 of them) unregistered airstrips and of course the registered ones too. This has taken me over a huge portion of Orbx NZSI & NZNI, so I feel I can comment with some authority on the product that the team has produced. And all I can say is that they can be extremely proud of the fantastic job they have done. It really is superb.

There is a problem that Orbx has created for themselves by continually raising the bar with scenery, and that is that it also raises everyone's expectations. However, having been involved with flight simming since the mid 1980s I am just blown away with what they have done. Having said that, my expectations have been raised too and I issue a challenge to the team, which is to find away to overcome the disjointed rivers. As seen in the shots below.

wMZ67.jpg

QmFI4.jpg

XvN15.jpg

OJF5l.jpg

If they can do it, IMHO it would be another great step forward.

Give yourselves a great big pat on the back everyone for the superb job you have done.

Please, mate, I noticed that you are a great explorer. I also noticed that your fuel, in this pics, was low. So I ask you if, in all landing fields of that wonderful region, there were refueling points as the default setting in Microsoft? This is because, for example, I could not find the refueling point in NZWB. And this location is an airport and an air force base.

Thanks in advance.

Sinesio

Please, mate, I noticed that you are a great explorer. I also noticed that your fuel, in this pics, was low. So I ask you if, in all landing fields of that wonderful region, there were refueling points as the default setting in Microsoft? This is because, for example, I could not find the refueling point in NZWB. And this location is an airport and an air force base.

Thanks in advance.

Sinesio

No Sinesio, none of the strips had fuel that I noticed. Some do have a hanger and/or plane on them. However, that's no worry, I just use the magic of the free anytime anywhere refueling service provided by FSX.

As for NZWB I didn't go to the apron so I could not say if Orbx has put a fuel facility there or not. In the real world, it has Jet A and limited Avgas supplies. And while it is an air force base, I doubt very much that there are any planes based there, in fact I would bet on it. The vast majority of movement's are civil.

Thank you, friend. I appreciated the information. You know, I like the default pattern: there was always a refueling point (even if false). This forced us to take care of the flight planning and caring for our range in all our "missions" in the simulator.

Well, in a way in general, so it was always proceeded in real life, even when we make a long car trip: we have to control the length of each "leg" until the next refueling.

That is, once again, thank you for your time ... and enjoy this very beautiful scenery of New Zealand.

Hugs.

Sinesio

No Sinesio, none of the strips had fuel that I noticed. Some do have a hanger and/or plane on them. However, that's no worry, I just use the magic of the free anytime anywhere refueling service provided by FSX.

As for NZWB I didn't go to the apron so I could not say if Orbx has put a fuel facility there or not. In the real world, it has Jet A and limited Avgas supplies. And while it is an air force base, I doubt very much that there are any planes based there, in fact I would bet on it. The vast majority of movement's are civil.

Thank you, friend. I appreciated the information. You know, I like the default pattern: there was always a refueling point (even if false). This forced us to take care of the flight planning and caring for our range in all our "missions" in the simulator.

Well, in a way in general, so it was always proceeded in real life, even when we make a long car trip: we have to control the length of each "leg" until the next refueling.

That is, once again, thank you for your time ... and enjoy this very beautiful scenery of New Zealand.

Hugs.

Sinesio

Archived