Installation of Australia after America, NZ and FTX Global

shasta62

Good evening,

I have a very satisfying installation of FSX, running very smooth. It contains FTX Global, FTX NZ (north and south + Milford Sound + Queenstown) and all FTX NA sceneries (PNW, PFJ, SAK, NRM, CRM, all NA airports). Now I wanted to re-install my FTX Australia sceneries (blue, gold, green, red + all airports I have).

In FTX Central (showing October 2013) I have "FTX Global", "Oceania" and "North America".

I switched to FTX Global ("Use Orbx Trees" + "Hybrid Mode" + "Vector Road Lights" active) and installed FTX Australia Blue, Gold, Green and Red (all with "SP3" in their names). Afterwards the new FTXAUSP4.003.PATCH.exe and last the FTXORBXLIBS_131027.

I switched to Oceania, re-booted the computer, started FSX and chose Melbourne Essedon. There I had many trees on the runway and in the whole city of Melbourne the autogen was littered in the rivers and across the runways of the airports. I closed FSX, chose FTX Global with Hybrid mode in FTX Central and tried it again - same autogen mess. Re-booting the computer, chosing Oceania in FTX Central - no luck.

Fortunately I had a backup of my whole computer, applied it and everything is now fine again - but without Australia.

How can I install FTX Australia successfully without messing everything up? Since I have FTX Global installed I dont have "FSX Default" anymore in FTX Central, but only FTX Global, Oceania and North America. What can I do?

Thank you

Christian

Hello Tim,

I just sorted it out. I tried it three times and always got misplaced autogen and strange texture placements, so I went back with the backup I did before this install.

In the end it turned out, that my terrain.cfg became corrupted with the install of FTX AU. I then copied my terrain.cfg from the backup into the FSX directory, cycled through FTX Central to make sure, that the FTX AU entries are in and now everything is fine.

I don't know, why the terrain.cfg is damaged with the installation of FTX AU (a repeatable process), since I did it in the correct order - switch to FTXGlobal, install AU Blue, Gold, Green, Red (always SP3), then the new AU patch and finally the current ORBX Libraries.

Now it's fine and I can enjoy FTX AU again.

Greetings from Germany

Christian

PS: Are there some small areas in the winding river between downtown Melbourne and the airport where there is no water but brown land? I never realized this before and hope, that everyone has this and it's not due to the terrain.cfg problems I had (looks like landslides went into the river).

Regarding the PS. I remember seeing something like this, but now I have holgermesh and Global, that river (Yarra) is now missing in the proximity of the central business district. If what you are seeing is what I remember seeing, those brown squares in the river very near the CBD and the port are pontoon helicopter landing pads.

Ants airports offer Yarra helo landing pads, but I do not know if it will correctly convert these chunks of land.

Archived