Another type of AUSP4.003 situation ?

napier

A small problem has arisen after installing FTXAUSP4.003 and latest FTXORBXLIBS 131027 with loading the PMDG MD11 over the past week.

After selecting the MD11/Airport/Gate etc the sim starts (full black screen) its normal loading process however on reaching 100% it (appears to freeze) at anything between 60-90 seconds before displaying the cockpit/aircraft.  Everything from this point can be activated and runs normally.

This problem was not an issue prior to installing the above patch & Lib’s.  

All other FSX aircraft along with the PMDG 747’s, Cpt Sim 757’s all display immediately after reaching 100% loading process.

I have tried the MD11 repair process, set FSX Central to default, opened FSX/ORBX/FTX.AU and deleted the FTXAUXX_XXXXX (13 folders), re-installed Australia SP3 DVD, reinstalled the AUSP4.002 patch as per Tim Harris suggestions to another member post and applied the latest 131027 lib’s but the same situation occurs.

I have not reloaded AUSP4.003 and FSX Central reports that:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 131027 27th October 2013

FTX AU AI TRAFFIC V4.10 Sept 2013

FTX AU YBBN BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.21 - May 2011

FTX AU YSCH COFFS HARBOUR AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 FEBRUARY 2011

FTX AU YSCH COFFS HARBOUR VERSION 1.10 (SP1) June 2009

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.002 - MAY 2011

FTX NZ NZNI New Zealand North Island V1.0 July 2012

FTX NZ NZSI New Zealand South Island V1.0 PATCH 002 December 2012

ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010.

Is this normal or other members have had similar loadings with the MD11? – Is there fix/suggestions? Please.

PS  FSX is and has been running sweet as for a very long time and like the look of the night lights in AUSP4.003

Hi Napier,

I dont have the MD11 so can not comment on that.

Which airport are you loading up at? (I presume YBBN) and have you tried starting with another aircraft then switching to the MD11, its rather odd it only happens with one aircraft, but it sounds a bit like system exhaustion

Might be worth doing a defrag (but not if you use SSD!!) after installing the SP4 servicepack as a lot of textures got replaced/updated in the process

Thanks Tim for your interest.

I have reloaded AUSP4.003 with latest Libraries and completed a defrag with O&O.

The same situation appears when loading the MD11 at any major Australia/NZ airports. I usually don’t fly outside this region.
I watch the sim go through its loading progress 0-100% (icon with bar) which takes about one & half minutes then hangs in the black screen for about the same time before bingo it all go and then have a smooth uninterrupted flights YBBN-YMML, YSSY-YMML, NZCH-NZAA etc.

I’ve tried switching FTX Central to default & back to Oceania, ticking & unticking tree/light boxes without success.   

A small quirk that I will have to ignore and enjoy the fantastic scenery you and the team are producing.  

Archived