Textures corrupted. Total recover is needed.

cpimentel

Hello,

I have installed FTX Global and Europe for long time. For no apparent reason all textures are corrupted. No longer exists the definition of land and water. What can I do to return everything to normal?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Pimentel

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the corruption? upload it here http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/ then copy-paste the BBcode link into your reply

Also which version of FSX do you use?

Hi Tim,

I use FSX Acceleration. This screenshot is about Lisbon but I get flooded terrain all over the places. FTX Central Europe also.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/05/ZOfJl.png

assuming you are using Windows 7 please check this

Go to =>

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

check the terrain.cfg file using notepad and make sure the entry Area.001 looks like this

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

assuming you are using Windows 7 please check this

Go to =>

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

check the terrain.cfg file using notepad and make sure the entry Area.001 looks like this

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for your reply. This can be the problem. I didn't find any terrain.cfg. (!!!)

Just only scenery.cfg...

Also, if its just happened, perhaps your terrain.cfg is fubar

If you like you can try resetting it, download the attached file below, unzip and drop into your main FSX folder, then cycle FTXcentral between [Default/Global] and [Europe] pressing OK each time

Hi Tim,

Thanks for this support. Fortunatly I have terrain.cfg into the right place as you told me: main FSX folder. Thanks anyway.

sorry my bad I meant the scenery.cfg

This is what I have

[Area.001]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

just entered in your post what is missing, hence your corrupted display of fsX

add that line what I made red to your scenery.cfg

that should resolve the issue

Sorry Wolter,

Didn't work at all.

Pls pay attention:

My original is

[Area.001]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

and you propose

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

As you can notice Texture_ID=1 it's not the only line missed. Yours "Title=Default Terrain" and "Local=Scenery\World" isn´t the same of my original "Title=Default Scenery and "Local=Scenery\BASE"

Changing mine by yours results in a big big mess.

Sorry Wolter,

Didn't work at all.

Pls pay attention:

My original is

[Area.001]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

and you propose

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

As you can notice Texture_ID=1 it's not the only line missed. Yours "Title=Default Terrain" and "Local=Scenery\World" isn´t the same of my original "Title=Default Scenery and "Local=Scenery\BASE"

Changing mine by yours results in a big big mess.

Following this last communication I would like to continue to be the subject of attention of your tech support since I find myself unable to use my FSX for some time. As a last solution, I wonder how can I fully uninstall Orbx from my computer so I can reinstall it without constrains and corrupted files.

Hi Carlos,

As recommended have you corrected the entry [Area.001]  in the Scenery.cfg  exactly as shown by Wolter. 

In:  C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

it would appear that you have incorrectly edited the scenery.cfg  in 3 places, one entry is missing and one calls scenery instead of Terrain & One is pointing to the wrong Folder location.

Title=Default Scenery    <--------- wrong call should be (Terrain)

Local=Scenery\BASE     <---------  wrong folder location  should be (World)

Texture_ID=1 )      <--------- missing entry   (insert this one)

You can copy the text marked in Blue below, and paste it into your scenery.cfg  replacing the old [Area.001] entry, making sure you paste it in the correct sequence shown below. It goes between/after  the [General] entry, and before  [Area.002]  entry.  

Or you can comment out the incorrect  [Area.001] entry like this " // " and simply past the text Wolter provided into the scenery.cfg file, immediately above  the one you commented out.

You should also check to see if this same entry for [Area.001] appears in the FSX root folder scenery.cfg, as the text marked in Blue. Most importantly the entries for (  Local=Scenery\World    &   Texture_ID=1     Title=Default Terrain  )

******************** Only make these edits to [Area.001] ******************************

Cheers Jeff

============>Do this to your original [Area.001] entry

//[Area.001]
//Title=Default Scenery
//Local=Scenery\BASE
//Layer=1
//Active=TRUE
//Required=TRUE

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery
Description=FS9 Scenery Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

============> place correct entry after this line in your scenery.cfg

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Local=Scenery\World
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.002]    ============> place correct entry before this line in your scenery.cfg
Title=Default Scenery
Local=Scenery\BASE
Layer=2
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your cristal explanation. I'm glad to see that my scenery.cfg has nothing wrong following the path you gave me (C: \ Users \ YourUsername \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX). All the confusion was due to the previous path given by Wolter (C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ FSX).

No hard feelings Wolter. I know the intention of helping, was the best.

Now that it cleared up this misunderstanding, and to know that the cause of my problem is not whether the "scenery.cfg", I would like to continue the investigations in making my FSX + FTXG in good condition as before

Hi Carlos,

Ok then, if you're sure that scenery.cfg is showing the correct text now.

You should give this a try : 

Open FTX Central 

Cycle it back to FTXGlobal  which is now the new default texture set & Untick Hybrid Mode checkbox

Click the Apply button

Start FSX let the Database rebuild if necessary

load a flight around the original problem area shown in your screenshot (Lisbon) I think!

see if everything is normal once again (you should have no more flooding)

If everything is good once again, go back to FTX Central and reselect Hybrid mode checkbox, Click Apply, Close FTXCentral, Restart FSX, database may rebuild. If you are wanting to fly within one of your FTX Regions with (FTX Global) or see both the chosen Region and FTXG ground textures at the same time select a Region with Hybrid mode checked Click Apply,  Close FTXCentral, Restart FSX. 

The reason for Cycling FTX Central back to (Default FSX) which is now (FTX Global), allows FTX Central to sort out the FSX Scenery Library Order in relation to all FTX products installed. But usually the (Flooding issue is solved by putting the (Texture_ID=1) back into the scenery.cfg [Area.001].

BTW I'm assuming that you have successfully installed the FTXG patch 1.10 with the green tick on FTX Global only &  Region Unticked - Hybrid Unticked  

ie:( North America, Europe, Oceania,/Australia, no green tick). 

When you select an option in FTX Central, always Click Apply and run FSX, This will immediately order the scenery library according to  default order or the intended order using FTX Central's (Insertion Points), to guarantee correct ordering of other Scenery products  ie; (OZx in relation to FSX Base, FTX, Mesh, Landclass, Airports & other Sceneries).

Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot of your FTX Central Scenery Library (Insertion Points) & FSX Scenery (Library Order),  just to see if this has played any part causing your issues.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Wolter,

Apologies, me not mean to trample clumsily around.

Quite right, this is the active where Base fsx, Orbx and addons are loaded into FSX, but none the less the entry corrections for [Area.001] as listed in your original reply should be reflected in all 3 scenery.cfg locations.

FSX Root - scenery.cfg

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

With  (Texture_ID=1) being the important inclusion if it has gone a-wall.

The worrying thing though is the (Scenery\Base) (Scenery\World)  - (Default Scenery) (Default Terrain) in the [Area.001] entry 

edits in his original scenery.cfg show those lines to be incorrect, World & Terrain are correct entries in all 3 Folder locations.

I humbly bow-out now did not mean to create confusion, my mistake I thought that a change/correction in one was automatically created in the others when FSX is started...... not having my Sim installed 'atm' makes looking under the hood for reference difficult, along with my own personal visual inconsistency's.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Carlos,

Ok then, if you're sure that scenery.cfg is showing the correct text now.

You should give this a try : 

Open FTX Central 

Cycle it back to FTXGlobal  which is now the new default texture set & Untick Hybrid Mode checkbox

Click the Apply button

Start FSX let the Database rebuild if necessary

load a flight around the original problem area shown in your screenshot (Lisbon) I think!

see if everything is normal once again (you should have no more flooding)

If everything is good once again, go back to FTX Central and reselect Hybrid mode checkbox, Click Apply, Close FTXCentral, Restart FSX, database may rebuild. If you are wanting to fly within one of your FTX Regions with (FTX Global) or see both the chosen Region and FTXG ground textures at the same time select a Region with Hybrid mode checked Click Apply,  Close FTXCentral, Restart FSX. 

The reason for Cycling FTX Central back to (Default FSX) which is now (FTX Global), allows FTX Central to sort out the FSX Scenery Library Order in relation to all FTX products installed. But usually the (Flooding issue is solved by putting the (Texture_ID=1) back into the scenery.cfg [Area.001].

BTW I'm assuming that you have successfully installed the FTXG patch 1.10 with the green tick on FTX Global only &  Region Unticked - Hybrid Unticked  

ie:( North America, Europe, Oceania,/Australia, no green tick). 

When you select an option in FTX Central, always Click Apply and run FSX, This will immediately order the scenery library according to  default order or the intended order using FTX Central's (Insertion Points), to guarantee correct ordering of other Scenery products  ie; (OZx in relation to FSX Base, FTX, Mesh, Landclass, Airports & other Sceneries).

Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot of your FTX Central Scenery Library (Insertion Points) & FSX Scenery (Library Order),  just to see if this has played any part causing your issues.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I haven't good news after following your instructions.

1. FTX Gobe ticked and Hibrid Mode unticked - flooding

2. FTX Globe ticked and Hibrid Mode ticked - flooding

3. Europe ticked - EGFF corrupted textures

I have successfully installed the FTXG patch 1.10 with the green tick on FTX Global.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/07/QsyWb.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/07/BpmL5.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/07/nm8z.jpg

To Wolter:

(C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX)my scenery.cfg is,

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

(C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX)my scenery.cfg is,

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

In my system it's not a backup. Something wrong?

Hi Carlos,

My last attempt and then I will have to hand off to greater minds.

What happens if you put the same edits into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX)scenery.cfg  as you have in your C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX)scenery.cfg mind you Just edit and save for the [Area.001) entry only.

Does that make things better.

over & out

Cheers Jeff

over & out?

Sorry but my scenery.cfg is not in the folder C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg (only fsx.cfg and Cameras.cfg), how Wolter wrote.

My scenery.cfg is in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg - also my Scenery.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg

Hi Carlos,

My last attempt and then I will have to hand off to greater minds.

What happens if you put the same edits into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX)scenery.cfg  as you have in your C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX)scenery.cfg mind you Just edit and save for the [Area.001) entry only.

Does that make things better.

over & out

Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff and Wolter,

Finally I have good news this time! We don't need greater minds. Yours are enough.

I edit my scenery.cfg at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX to this:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.002]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=0000 Base

Local=Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

After this I ran FSX with no more flooded terrain

Now I have same scenery.cfg at C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. Wolter you are right!

All this unexpected alterations on my scenery.cfg happened in the sequel of the installation of a new scenery addon (I presume).

With Europe ticked I could verify the loss of Thames river and Cardiff estuary but I fixed it myself based on an old Paul Webster tip.

Jeff and Wolter I must thank you very very much for your suberb support and professionalism. I hope to leave you rested for a long time.

Cheers

Carlos

Hi all

Mediation required as poor Carlos still has the problem

Kind regards

JFS

Hi JFS, no more problems. Thanks for your care anyway.

Cheers,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I am very pleased you now have a healthy SIM to enjoy, very glad also that you hung in there so that you did not need to uninstall Orbx and start again reinstalling. I feared this would still have left the fault in the scenery.cfg even if you went to that trouble returning FSX to an addon free state. So go and have some fun now. 

Kind Regards  Jeff

Hi Carlos,

I am very pleased you now have a healthy SIM to enjoy, very glad also that you hung in there so that you did not need to uninstall Orbx and start again reinstalling. I feared this would still have left the fault in the scenery.cfg even if you went to that trouble returning FSX to an addon free state. So go and have some fun now. 

Kind Regards  Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Just a few more words of thanks. I spent a few sleepless nights. This issue was a nightmare but your clues based on scenery.cfg prompted me to analyze backups registered in my system and... bingo! Few "pounds" less of my heavy ignorance.

I am now waiting for the announced and much-desired "FTX Global open LC Europe" where I hope to see Azores treated according to their terrain specificities.

Kind regards,

Carlos

Hi Jeff,

I'm here again to report that I still have problems with the clipping of the coasts and ground textures as may be seen in this screenshot:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/11/09/auzM8.png

Once again I ask for the support of your team to guide me in resolving this problem.

Cheers,

Carlos

Hi Wolter,

Yes absolutly. I review all my scenery.cfg and the order is always the same.

Hi Wolter,

Sorry, false alarm. After all I'm a bit suspicious. This time just a momentaneous lack of memory. I reactivated UTX, just in case.

All are in good shape. Sorry again to take your attention from more important things.

Cheers, Carlos

Archived