FTX Central has no "Default" option.

bilworth

Hi there,

I just did a reinstall of FSX with Accelleration including the Service Packs.  I am running Win 7/64.  My problem is with FTX Central.  It only has one option displayed and that is "FTX Global".  When I had the program installed before I remember there was a "Default" option and one for "North America".  I suspect I have messed something up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clarence Bloodworth

Order Number: 225496

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for the prompt respnse.  No, I will install the latest libraries.  When I installed FTX Global, FTX Central wasn't intalled.

Edit:  I did install the latest libraries (130927) and still have the problem.

My problem is with FTX Central.  It only has one option displayed and that is "FTX Global".  When I had the program installed before I remember there was a "Default" option and one for "North America".  I suspect I have messed something up.

FTX Global is the new default. You can't switch between FTX Global and FSX default anymore when you install FTX Global because the latter overwrites FSX default. So you will only see FTX Global in the Central and not FSX default anymore. Obviously when you also install regions you will see those together with FTX Global (I understand from your post you didn't yet install your North American regions).

I think he had already installed North America (PNW, PFJ and so on....) otherwise he wouldn't have had the north american icon in FTX central, but installing the latest libraries, this should fix also a abnormal behaviour of FTX central, for instance when he hadn't anymore north america icon as i had understood from his post :)

By the way it's correct, installing FTX global you haven't the default icon anymore.

When installing FTX EU Northern Ireland you get told in the read me file to make sure you have selected default. After installing FTX central you no longer have the default icon. Does this mean FTX Global must be selected in FTX central or do you have to install the European regions before FTX Global?

Hi, after having installed FTX Global, the "default" icon won't appear anymore. Before to install a region, make sure you have FTX Global selected in your FTX central.

FTX Global is your new Default :)

You can for sure install other regions after FTX Global, even if, in the case you have the possibility to choice, it would be preferable to install FTX Global as the last.

Archived