For J.V. and his team

siggiHLN

Dear John,
this is just a message . It is not a criticism but also no praise . Just a suggestion or a repulsive thought !

I wanted to make you first kudos for your project " FTXGlobal " and the corresponding updates or/and newcomings!

The European sceneries (ie England) I personally found as an error. Not the scenery itself but perhaps the time . New Zealand was a great idea and the sheer beauty of this country is worth implementing . That you managed with full success and a fantastic result. Great Job !
In my eyes, you would have to instead focus more on America and Canada but not to England.

Northern Alaska , Canada and Greenland , or even down to the south such as California might have been better alternatives . These sceneries you have had the most success and I suspect this will again be a great success.
I hope you're not mad or take this as criticism, I want to find only help new suggestions .
Others might think the same.

Orbx is the best thing on the market and you have done it many times to show what you can do with all the FSX and how nice it looks in the simulated world . You are able to create a completely new atmosphere and the mixture of Fotoscenery and your " famous" textures is unreachable. A better compliment can not get a Scenery_Designer and his team .
I really have great respect for you and your work !

I hope you´ll think about and looking forward to the positive criticism and compliments

Big THX and thumbs up !

I tend to agree with this as well. I have bought most of the scenery packs and do enjoy the England scenery pack as well. The thing with England is that its just not too interesting flying overhead as say British Columbia or California. There just aren't the physical landmarks and features that you would find in Western North America. There is nothing like Sim flying over the British Columbian Rockies or even the flatlands of Alberta. I also suspect that Northern California will be very popular as it is just a very interesting landscape which varies from mountains to desert to Ocean. I really enjoy the ORBX England scenery pack and think it was done well. Its just not as interesting flying overhead (and that is certainly not a knock on the UK as I think it is one of the most interesting countries in the world to visit on ground!). 

I think FTX England was one of their best selling FTX regions. Although I'd like to see more NA full regions, there is a large ORBX following in the UK, so I can't argue with their decision to do the UK, especially if it was profitable. And, I enjoy the UK scenery, although I don't fly there as often as NA.

John

Hi all

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I happen to think Scotland is the most beautiful part of the world and I, like you, am entitled to this opinion, however, JV and his team are building 'The World' and no matter where they decide to concentrate on they will be criticised by someone.

They are trying to make business decisions while at the same time trying to please their customers so a little bit more slack would I am sure be appreciated.

As the old saying goes:- 'Everything comes to he who waits'

Kind regards

JFS

Hi Guys,

What is it with all you UK//Europe bashers?, I just don't understand this at all, I'm sure in time all of NA will be done eventually, so what's the problem?

Well as far as I'm concerned thanks JV for all the UK, and all its small GA airports, there brilliant, carry on the good work!

Mal...

Flightsim community of Europe is very big. Take a look at online flights (Vatsim or Ivao) at Europe everyday, it's much busier than North America. There must be big demand for dedicated Orbx products for Europe and it's probably why FTX England is selling well.   

Archived