Weird Issue [SweetFX]

skywreck

Hello

I have bought a few of Orbx sceneries but because of a couple of mistakes when I accidentally deleted some files

I removed everything and decided to reinstall all the sceneries from scratch. I installed first of all FTX global which

went fine, and then when FTX Central started I selected this area. However when I started FSX and after processing

the scenery entries it just closed down without any error before it got to the Free Flight selection screen.Have looked

in the sim folders but cannot see anything amiss. When I removed the previously installed sceneries I followed the

instructions in the FAQ section.

My sceneries are:

NZSI

NZQN

FTX Global

Alaska South

Australia SP4

Any advice to get my sim working again much appreciated. Also is there a particular installation order I should follow?

Regards

If you have used Sweet FX or the ENB series and you have some of the installation missing,

this will cause the problem you are experiencing.

For Sweet FX, in your FSX folder, look for d3d9.dll, d3d9.fx, dxgi.dll, dxgi.fx, injector.ini and delete them if you find them.

For ENB Series, d3d9.dll, d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_40.dll, enbseries.ini.

The FSX root folder does not have any d3dxxx.dll or dxgi.dll files in its default installation.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Joaquin,

Have you installed the latest libraries? If you installed Global first and then older products they do not have the most recent core files and so installing the libraries at the end may sort out your problem.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Alex

Sorry for the delay, had a mini hurricane going through Southern England this morning and most of my fencing went walkies....

It was the SweetFX installation that had some files missing.  Never occurred to me SweetFX could be causing this problem.

Thank you both for your replies, I was getting ready to reinstall FSX.

Regards

Archived