Central Rockies scenery does not appear

FlexFlier

Order Number: FSS0240469

I downloaded and installed the Central Rockies scenery and Jackson Hole airport per the Orbx instructions. The airport is wonderfully done but the FTX_NA_CRM scenery does not appear at all.

If I uploaded correctly, the image on the left is from the Orbx website and the scenery very accurately depicts in Jackson Hole area. I live in a house marked by the orange arrow (yes, there is a house in the copse) and can attest to the accuracy of roads, developed areas and house locations (though not necessarily their architecture). The pic on the right is a screenie of the same area and, as you can see, is still the FSX default.

DXkh3.th.jpg     DQJn7.th.jpg

I have read many of the threads regarding similar issues and have tried most of the suggestions with no success.

I have many other Orbx products, including Orbx Global, as well as UTX, GEX and REX. Orbx items are installed at the top of my Scenery Addon list:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

FTX_AA_2S1

FTX_AA_7WA3

FTX_AA_CBB7

FTX_AA_CYBD

FTX_AA_KHQM

FTX_AA_KJAC

FTX_AA_KPDX_CITYSCAPE

FTX_AA_WA69

FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX

FTX_NA_CRM07_MESH

FTX_NA_CRM08_CUSTOM

FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_NRM06_CVX

FTX_NA_NRM07_MESH

FTX_NA_NRM08_CUSTOM

FTX_NA_PFJ05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_PFJ06_CVX

FTX_NA_PFJ07_MESH

FTX_NA_PFJ08_CUSTOM

FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX

FTX_NA_PNW07_MESH

FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM

Obviously, I would prefer not to do a complete FSX reinstall so any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Hi there,

looks like you posted the hyperlinks for the thumbnails not the screenshots themselves. Having said that the typical issue with CRM and KJAC is that people don't realize the unusual three-installer situation of KJAC and only run the first .exe file. If that's the case for you as well then running the other two .exe files will add the missing photoreal coverage and thus ensure a complete installation of KJAC.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Thank you so much for the quick response. You were, of course, correct about the other two executables; for whatever reason I had assumed that they were called by the first one. Lesson learned. You can mark this one solved.

The area is very well done. Of course, it is now a bit out of date but it doesn't matter. The only really interesting thing for me is that while our street and neighbors' houses are properly located, our house is not there at all. I think the reason must be that everything was developed from Google and/or GIS images and our house is generally not seen because we are surrounded by trees. Of no importance...just interesting to me.

I admit that I was a bit confused about the screenshot upload process because after I followed the instructions (I thought!) and uploaded 2 pix I didn't see them in my post. I tried it again, this time one pic at a time with the +thumbnail option but I obviously still have much to learn.

Thanks again. You have absolutely made my day!

Best regards,

~Mike

Archived