FTX NA Blue USA/Canada Northwest Installation?

cflord

Order Number: FSS0238415, Order Date: 2013-10-03.

1.  I ordered the FTX NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest scenery on 10/03/13 and I still haven't gotten it installed as of today (10/18/13).  I ordered the download version and downloaded it four times.  On three occasions the wrapper would not un-wrap properly (I did not hit the FINISH button prematurely).  The wrapper at times gets to within 5 seconds of finishing the un-wrapping then stops and never finishes.  Once it did un-wrap completely; however the scenery did not install properly.  The .exe files were missing.  The Control Panel and the Aero commands could not find the .exe files.  I sent 2 emails to the FlightSim Store (Jay Kae) asking for help.  Jay asked me in the first email, if I had hit the FINISH button for the wrapper prematurely and I responded back that I had not.  I posted a plea on the Orbx forum site for help.  It was my first post so I may have messed it up.  Non the less I am done with the whole download process and the wrapper deal.  I was also charged twice for the same product.  My intent was to order just one.

2. I was so unhappy with the download process I went out and purchased the CD version from another store site.  My next question is this: After installing the CD version Orbx FTX USA CANADA PACIFIC NORTHWEST 1.0, do I need to download and install the patch OrbxFTXNABluePNWPatch005?  If so, what is the proper process for doing so?

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic        

Wow!  I have never heard of this degree of issue.  It is possible the something is "wrong" with your computer or sim registry info...I don't know hopefully staff will be able to help you work through this.

Wondering are you running Win8?  Is that an issue, I don't know.

I have a significant number of their products, I have had only one issue but that was related to some glitch related to order of regional patches and airport version.  All others have downloaded fully and installed perfectly.  The scripts used to direct their installs should present no issue if a operating system is properly installed.

I wish you the best of luck sorting through this issue.  I would say try to remain patient because the majority of users have absolutely no issues related to downloads and installs.

Archived