Whats in the Box?

ray@YMAY

Hello all.

Let me just warn you now i am new to FTX so if i ask about stuff that is covered in a different forum I am sorry. let me just say I am very exited about this project as I have been looking for a scenery pack for Australia for a while now but i just have a few questions

I have read a lot about the free add on and pay ware airports and was wondering if there are any airports in the pay ware packs (e.g. AU BLUE) that are photo realistic (I'm sure there will be judging by the screen shots which look stunning by the way) I am just curious about the add ons.

Are the maps 100% or nearly 100% accurate so i can fly around the property I live on South of Albury/Wodonga.

Also if you have any pictures of the Albury(YMAY) airport using FTX i would like to see them  ;D

Regards

Ray

>>SNIP<<

I have read a lot about the free add on and pay ware airports and was wondering if there are any airports in the pay ware packs (e.g. AU BLUE) that are photo realistic

>>SNIP<<

Are the maps 100% or nearly 100% accurate so i can fly around the property I live on South of Albury/Wodonga.

>>SNIP<<

Also if you have any pictures of the Albury(YMAY) airport using FTX i would like to see them  ;D

Hi Ray

There are about 40 Freeware Airfields (~35 by me) at this time.  Nearly all are Photoreal but v. small - in VIC, TAS, SA,WA and SNSW so far.  Some big airports will be released as separate Payware.

The terrain uses tiles made from aerial photographs BUT you won't be able to fly over your farm unless you or someone else makes a little photoreal scenery for it.

YMAY is default at this time but with FTX Landclass textures around it.

The way OrbX have done this means you get GREAT realistic looking textures that don't give you the blurries and are as framerate friendly as possible.  There are small areas of photoreal but mostly tiles are used to represent the appropriate class of land.  bazzam is the LC master - he paints with a broad 1NM square brush, applying mtom's artwork in the right places to the canvas of FSX Australia.  Matthew Tomkins (mtom) creates his wonderful LC textures from carefully-chosen purchased Aerial photography - cleaned up, colour matched and prepared to tile seamlessly.  He also travels the country, photographing from the air and the ground so he can produce the LC textures necessary to reprlicate e.g. Coastal Heath for Stradbroke Island, QLD or Rock Faces in the Grampians, VIC.  John Venema is always breaking new technological ground - you'll just have to wait to see how far he's pushed the FSX envelope.  And Holger Sandman, one of the world's most-respected FS Scenery designers, is on board doing some amazing things, too.  There are others in the team working on Cities, Airports, Objects, etc.

FTX transforms FSX from "all dressed up with nowhere to go" to the FULL PACKAGE - FSX the way it should have been in the first place.

Thanks for the further insight into FTX.

I will try to get AUBLUE as soon as it comes out depending on how much money i got in the bank  ;D

I am really looking forward to seeing how good this will be

Just one more thing are most the roads accurately represented?

Regards

Ray

Thats going to be half the fun with FTX just exploring and just marveling at what has bean achieved and like so many people has said before this is going to be a revaluation to the FSX experience. Cant wait.

Ray

I fly a Jabiru out of YMAY, and find that the FSX to be very good on the Nav side of things,you say that you are south of Albury? May be I fly over you?

Roll on the 20th Feb for a better look of our area, 

Regards Shaun.

Ps, Last week my Wife took a very good Photo of the Humu Dam on downwind 25 YMAY, I would email it to you,if you like a good screen saver photo?Shaun.

Ray

I fly a Jabiru out of YMAY, and find that the FSX to be very good on the Nav side of things,you say that you are south of Albury? May be I fly over you?

Roll on the 20th Feb for a better look of our area,

Regards Shaun.

Ps, Last week my Wife took a very good Photo of the Humu Dam on downwind 25 YMAY, I would email it to you,if you like a good screen saver photo?Shaun.

Thanks Shaun I will PM you my e-mail address i think the water in FSX will look better as there is not much water in the hume dam at the moment  ;)

You will see all major roads, minor roads, arterials, and dirt roads around Albury. You may even see Forestry Commission and walking tracks in the ranges (we have some, but not all).

Being worked on right now, but may not make release, is the dual freeways, cloverleaf interchanges, roundabouts and all the nice details around the freeways. If we don't finish that in time it will be in a service pack (free to registered users). So depending on the date of our source data, you'll see the Hume Freeway, Wodonga bypass etc.

Most water bodies are in place, but not sure about minor damns or reservoirs - probably not. For that sort of detail, I'd grab Christian Stock's Road and Rivers of Victoria.

Certainly you will be able to nav off your WACs and other charts with FTX.

You will see all major roads, minor roads, arterials, and dirt roads around Albury. You may even see Forestry Commission and walking tracks in the ranges

That is amazing the level of detail that is being put into this area. I cant even imagine how much time that has been spent put into just the Blue region knowing the area that has been covered and the same attention to detail has been put into most of the area

Archived