Canberra City Scape installation problem

Kim Sibbritt

Hi,

Just tried to install the Canberra City Scape scenery & got this error message :

"Setup can not open the following archive file'

C:\Users\kim\AppDatta\Local\Windows\Burn\Burn\OrbxFTXCANBERRACITYSCAPE100.exe

I have looked on the disc but cannot find.Could it have been let off when the disc was burned ?

How do I fix the problem ?

Cheers...Kim

Order no. FSS0238712

Hi Kim, i think that if you have bought the digital media service, with the scenery on DVD, you should have the same .zip archive that you would get when you download the file.

The correct procedure to install the scenery is to unzip the installer content into a temporary folder, then launch the installer. After a certain time you will be asked to validate the copy with the details you received by e-mail.

Installer will unwrap itself preparing all the files for the installation.

If the disk instead is auto running, it's probable that burning process was not perfect. If you explore the disk, which is the content?

I am sorry that i cannot be precise, but i don't know what it's burned precisely into the disk, maybe some other dev that already know it could give us an helping hand.

Hi Maurizio,

Yes the installer worked & I filled in the validation details, but when it unwrapped & began installing the files I got the error message.

These are the files that are on the disc :

Autorun

Important read me

orbx

OrbxftxAUCBRCityScape100

OrbxftxAUCBRCityScape100.2

OrbxftxAUCBRCityScape100.3

OrbxftxAUCBRCityScape100.4

Cheers...Kim

Hi Kim, it seems that the disk is slightly different in its content from the installer i know. Knowing by the way that other people installed the scenery from the disk, i could suggest one thing, in the meanwhile i ask Adrian of FSS for help.

Autorun calls the file OrbxFTXCANBERRACITYSCAPE100.exe but obviously doesn't find it because according to the content you wrote here, the name of the file is OrbxftxAUCBRCityScape100.

So i suggest you to create a folder on your hard disk, to copy the entire content of the DVD inside, and rename all the files as

OrbxFTXCANBERRACITYSCAPE100.exe

OrbxftxCANBERRACityScape100.2

OrbxftxCANBERRACityScape100.3

OrbxftxCANBERRACityScape100.4

Not sure it will work, but i call Adrian to ask for help ok? :)

Hi Maurizo,

Problem solved.The unwraper put up a window stating 'Finished',so I closed it down.I didn't realise it needed to stay open untill the files were installed.

Everything is now working perfectly.

Thank you VERY MUCH for you fast responce trying to help me.

Just another reason why I have the intire Orbx catalogue & will only use exclusively FTX scenery.

Cheers...Kim

Archived