Not sure that my FTX is working

Stick Man

Order #FSS0209771 (Completed)

Product: Orbx - FTX: Australia SP4 Download

No need for your serial number

I,m not too sure that my FTX is working. I installed it last April and was just not sure if I,d done my dough or what as it looks no different to the original.

Just recently I saw a fellow (real) pilot who has ORBX and it was incredible. He has YKAT (our local airfield) and mine does not. He knows nothing about computers and unfortunately is of little help to me as his "just worked" and advised to check the settings.

I went through the PDF attachment that discribes how to set up for a basic PC, this I have done and think the detail is probably worse but definately not the same as his with my local still not appearing.

Any assistance would be most welcome

I think that your friend has OZx scenery installed http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/1-ozx-scenery/ as I believe YKAT was enhanced.

Have you had a look over there yet? Their complete AU package is a must have for the FTX AU region and its free. In fact, most of the developers here began with OZx.

If you could maybe post some screenshots of what you are seeing, that way we can see if is looking like it should.

Thanks Ed. I dont know how to do screenie. Never been able to. Ill go to the link you posted and see what happens.

I,ve have just flown over Katoomba and there is no airfield there at all as it has always been.

In regards to that package..why did I pay for this one if it does nothing and I still need the other anyway?.

To say FTX AU does "nothing" is a bit of an insult and you do not *need* the other package. The OZx scenery is an addition done by many developers for free and enhances the AU regions with airports. I suggested it as I think your friend has it installed and hence you seeing a difference.

Simply pressing the V while in sim key will take a screenshot and it will be saved to your Pictures\Flight Simulator X Files folder. To post it here, have a look here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Have a look at the screenshots over at the AU pages, do they look like what you are seeing?

Archived