The turning off and on of elevation adjustments with FTX Central

gw6aa

Hi,

I posted about this before but as that thread is now marked as "Answered" it probably won't be read again.

The elevation adjustment BGLs in    FSX - Scenery - World - Scenery    are all on. When I change regions with FTX Central none of them are turned off.

I would like to get this working properly again.

Would it work if I go through the files and append   ".OFF"   to each file that should be off. And would FTX Central remove the .off and thereby turn them on again when FTX Central changes to their region?

CN

Hi there,

this is actually the intended (new) behavior. People had pointed out that our original approach was flawed because all scenery library menu entries (of installed FTX regions) remain active anyway and thus the airport elevation adjustments should too. Only this way people can complete long-distance flights between FTX regions (e.g., North America to Europe) with proper airport elevations at both departure and arrival points.

The airport elevation adjustments will get switched to .OFF when FTX Central is set to Default or, for FTX Global users, hybrid mode is deselected.

Cheers, Holger

Archived