OOM at Canberra

teecee

O/N FSS0238579

I am getting the dreaded OOM at Canberra. I have everything maxed, but can fly All other cities just fine.. I appreciate that Canberra is going to be heavy on memory and FR, so would appreciate advice on what is the best slider(s) to reduce when flying there. Teecee.

No problems Andrew :) I am using the VAS fine tuning too, i didn't know it could be useful also on 64 bit OS, if it works, for sure it's a great tip to use to avoid OOM errors. In my old system, after i did the fine VAS tuning, i haven't experienced OOM errors anymore, so at least for me it works great! :)

FWIW I am getting OOM in Canberra too. It is the only way where I get it.

Brisbane (YBBN) was always slow (fps) for me, and Vancouver (CYVR) is extremely slow at times but never OOM like Canberra.

what planes are you using when you oom out.    turn water to 2x low and clouds to 60 nm or so if you want to do a tour like John showed. and you can still max out autogen  but if your flying in on the pmdg 737 you may want to scale back autogen.    P3d here I come

Well guys, the general tip to avoid OOM problems is to clean your pc from unwanted process running when you start your operation system. This is fundamental to have good performances also with your FSX. If your system is not efficient, using FSX is easy you have these kind of problems. I don't like to read by the way that you have the problem ONLY in Canberra, because having developed the scenery i know well what you can get from it, i run it in my old pc without problems with settings that are not so low, and i have flown it for hours and hours to test it.

Canberra cityscape is very detailed, but you can fly it reducing the autogen slider if you have problems with it. Remember also that around the cityscape there is AU Blue scenery, the setting you are using for the cityscape have influence too out the borders of the scenery.

The concept is to tune the scenery settings according to your system, if you have a very powerful system but you exagerate with the settings, then your system won't sustain it. If your system is efficient at start up, for sure you can obtain more, you can use higher settings without OOM problems.

Using XP, for reference, when you start your system you should stay beetween 400 and 500 MB, i can't tell with windows 7 because i don't have it, i guess it's a bit heavier, but you can use this 400-500 MB for reference.

Archived