g2d.dll crash in FTX Global

tintin007b

Order #FSS0236230

I have experienced CTD's starting yesterday when flying to some European airports roughly south of a Paris-Koln line. For example Geneva, Nice etc.

I run FTX global on hybrid mode, it was working fine until yesterday after I installed the free ORBX NA AI package which I then uninstalled, but now I keep getting these crashes at specific airports.

Attached is a picture of the event log:

xgiSw.jpg

Couple of things to try. Do you have Uiautomationcore.dll in the root of your FSX directory ?

Also do you have AEModule.dll or aesmodule.dll ? Have a look in the dll.xml file and if they are their move them to the end of the file.

Couple of things to try. Do you have Uiautomationcore.dll in the root of your FSX directory ?

Also do you have AEModule.dll or aesmodule.dll ? Have a look in the dll.xml file and if they are their move them to the end of the file.

Hi Nick,

No, I do not have Uiautomationcore.dll and AEModule.dll or aesmodule.dll in the root of my FSX directory.

Where would the dll.xml be?

Google Uiautomationcore.dll and find somewhere safe to download it. Put it in the root of your flight simulator folder. That's it !

The dll.xml file is located in your user folder. For example the path to mine is C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Edit the file in notepad and if you can see AEModule.dll or aesmodule.dll delete the entries and move them to the end of the file.

If you Google the above you should find loads of people with the same errors.

Also worth following the PDF that Avsim created to optimise FSX again google and you will find it.

Google Uiautomationcore.dll and find somewhere safe to download it. Put it in the root of your flight simulator folder. That's it !

The dll.xml file is located in your user folder. For example the path to mine is C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Edit the file in notepad and if you can see AEModule.dll or aesmodule.dll delete the entries and move them to the end of the file.

If you Google the above you should find loads of people with the same errors.

Also worth following the PDF that Avsim created to optimise FSX again google and you will find it.

I did download Uiautomationcore.dll and did put it in the root of your flight simulator folder. I then started FSX at Alpenglach no problem, then went to Geneva and experienced  a CTD after about 45% of the flight loading.

Also , found the dll.xml file exactly where you said it was. There are no AEModule.dll or aesmodule.dll entries.

OK. I've discovered over the years that Flight Simulator is a fickle thing. I must have installed it hundreds of times and no install is ever the same. It could be that you install a certain addon in a slightly different order that causes days of grief.

For example I had loads of crashing problems with Accelleration installed. Everyone swore blind that it would not be causing the crashes but I binned it and went with Sp2 and all the crashes stopped. Re-installed Accelleration and they started again. Did this multiple times even with clean system installs.

So .... This is what I do to avoid the crashes and so far it's working.

Clean install with SP2 only.

Go through the Avsim optimisation guide carefully. Just Google for it.

Before you install any addon backup your xml.dll / FSX.cfg / scenery.cfg

Test each addon by doing a few flights before moving onto the next.

Google g2d.dll. Theirs years worth of posts out their if you are still having problems after doing the above.

OK. I've discovered over the years that Flight Simulator is a fickle thing. I must have installed it hundreds of times and no install is ever the same. It could be that you install a certain addon in a slightly different order that causes days of grief.

For example I had loads of crashing problems with Accelleration installed. Everyone swore blind that it would not be causing the crashes but I binned it and went with Sp2 and all the crashes stopped. Re-installed Accelleration and they started again. Did this multiple times even with clean system installs.

So .... This is what I do to avoid the crashes and so far it's working.

Clean install with SP2 only.

Go through the Avsim optimisation guide carefully. Just Google for it.

Before you install any addon backup your xml.dll / FSX.cfg / scenery.cfg

Test each addon by doing a few flights before moving onto the next.

Google g2d.dll. Theirs years worth of posts out their if you are still having problems after doing the above.

There is no other solution except a full reinstall?

Ok mate good luck ! You've not updated any video drivers have you ? If you go for the reinstall make sure everything's deleted from your user folder. I also install into a different folder. Don't know if it makes a difference....

me again, you state you installed the NA AI package and then un-installed it, what did you delete ?

Also FTX Global has nothing to do with it as it is merely texture replacement, if all was working fine before and after deleting the NA AI package you have issues then you must have inadvertently deleted something else as well, the BIG question is what

me again, you state you installed the NA AI package and then un-installed it, what did you delete ?

Also FTX Global has nothing to do with it as it is merely texture replacement, if all was working fine before and after deleting the NA AI package you have issues then you must have inadvertently deleted something else as well, the BIG question is what

I did follow instructions on the forum, but who knows I may have inadvertently deleted something else...

One possible diagnostic piece of information, it appears that all of Southern Europe airports suffer ctd, no others.

Well re-installing the NA AI traffic pack won't bring it back to life, that's for sure, only thing left is to compare files, to figure out as to what is gone "awol" on you, now to figure out a way to do that on the quickest manner ...................  :wacko:

Are there files specific to Southern Europe anywhere?

Well as the traffic files mostly reside in the Scenery/World/scenery folder that would be the first place to start looking at

How would I figure out what is missing or corrupt?

It is definitely a bunch of airports in Southern Europe. The funny think Dubrovnik works whereas Trieste ctd. 

attached a screenshot of the stock fsX + Acceleration contents of the ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder

VirginFSXaccsceneryworldscenery.jpg

this is what was delivered with fsX so if any from those is missing it could explain something

They are all there with the exact same amount of KB plus additional ADE_FTX files and nine AF2_FSX_TF_ files. 

Hi, would you by any chance have one or more of the following addons installed?

Earth Simulations Scilly Islands, AS_Maledives, AS_IcelandX or AS German Airfields 2?

regards

Richad Oberwinkler

No, the only one scenery addon I have is Manhattan X.

The affected airports are in sceneries: 0601 and 0602. How would I go about finding what has been corrupted? 

Does anybody know how fsx loads a specific airport?

attached a screenshot of the stock fsX + Acceleration contents of the ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder

VirginFSXaccsceneryworldscenery.jpg

this is what was delivered with fsX so if any from those is missing it could explain something

Hi,

I had similar problems involving g3d.dll. Looking on the internet reveals discussions on how to fix this problem going back years.

I wonder if it's not a problem at all but just a symptom. I found that reducing "auto-gen" to 0 I was able fly to places successfully that had always produced this error.

It's set on normal now and that is working for me too.

It sounds a bit simplistic but worth a try - worked for me.

CN

Hi,

I had similar problems involving g3d.dll. Looking on the internet reveals discussions on how to fix this problem going back years.

I wonder if it's not a problem at all but just a symptom. I found that reducing "auto-gen" to 0 I was able fly to places successfully that had always produced this error.

It's set on normal now and that is working for me too.

It sounds a bit simplistic but worth a try - worked for me.

CN

Thank you, I did try, unfortunately it does not help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just grab a few beers and go for the re-install. Follow the avsim guide and treat it as a learning experience :-D

OK, I finally gave up fixing this.  

Now, what is the best way to reinstall fsx with FTX global and the other ORBX regions and airports?

Our first Version 1.1 patch for FTX Global is available for downloading.

Changes include:

• Improved 3D lights that perform even better FPS and more denser Vector Lights
  • Increased 3D lights size by 40% for further view distance and greater brightness (eventually we will release a 3D lights tuning app V2)
  • Edited 3D lights annotation for many urban textures previously missing lighting
  • Added intersection vehicle red tail lights, red/green traffic lights, and neon lights in commercial areas
  • Edits to autogendescriptions.spb to add missing compatibility for some SCO Scotland objects and also missing veg at KWYS
  • New landclass for the USA SW region to eradicate the "green deserts" and also add in the indigenous red desert in that region 
  • New landclass for parts of Africa where pine trees are being shown instead of native African trees

=====================================

Crashes of the g3d.dll have been attributed to landclass problems (Google search)

Archived