waterworld

Karoz

Hello,

It's the first time I'm using an Orbx product and I trusted the brand so much that I actually thought that the initial installation would be quite smooth and there would be no issues. Apparently that was a foolish thought. After all this is FSX...

Anyway, after a CLEAN install of FSX (the only things I have installed are FSX, Acceleration (Gold edition), FSGobal 2010 and FTX Global. After each step I ran the sim, loaded the default flight and have the PC reboot. All was fine untill I installed FTX Global. After that, I got this:

2013_10_5_0_7_55_352.png

The screenshot is from the default flight. But everywhere around the globe looks like this. No cities, only a few tall buildings visible, the whole world is flooded.

Now I haven't been using FSX for a long while, and I never was an expert on scenery library, textures or mesh stuff, so if anyone can help me with this, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance...

Hi Karoz, can you confirm the following please?

1. FSX is not installed in the \Program Files\ directory
  2. You installed Global using "Run As Administrator"
  3. Windows UAC was disabled prior to installing Global
  4. Ran FTX Central and Applied Global?

There's definitely something very wrong with the installation. Please confirm that the aforementioned items are checked over prior to moving on to this:

1. Open the FSX Scenery Library from within FSX and verify that all FTX and Orbx entries are above ALL other entries, like this: post-3247-0-22000500-1381005244_thumb.jp

FSX is installed in the root directory (D:/FSX),

I didn't run the setup as adminstrator, but there's only one account on my windows,

UAC was disabled,

This is the only FTX product I have, so only Global shows in FTX central, and I did an "apply" on that...

There are 3 FTX entries in my scenery library: Base, Europe1 and Libs, and they're placed on top. Is it normal that there's only europe?

Did so now. Strangely though, Central still says version 1.0 at startup, and in the about window, even though there was no error message or anything during the installation. Also after installing the patch the FTX entries moved themselves down just below the FS Global entries in the scenery library.

Anyway, the sim still looks the same. There must be something really wrong with the initial installation. I'll try to re-download and re-install FTX...

If there wasn't an error during installation, then re-downloading probably won't work, it sounds like a bad installation instead.

Although you are the Administrator and the only account on your machine, Windows can still deny installers permissions that are required for the correct installation of FTX products without even notifying you it is doing so, causing a botched install. A good practice when installing any FSX addon from any company is to use Run As Administrator since some addons touch the Windows Users Appdata directory (normally hidden), Documents directory, Program Data directory (normally hidden) and FSX directory all at the same time.

1. Run "Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal.exe" that is located in \FSX\Orbx\Scripts\, following the directions in the uninstaller. (Right-Click and Run as Administrator)
  2. Start FSX and see what the world looks like, as Global should be removed completely at this point
  3. Run the Global installer as the Administrator (right-click and select Run As Administrator) and conduct the install.
  4. Fire up FTX Central and Apply Global.
  5. Run the Global V1.1 Patch as the Administrator.
  6. Fire up FTX Central and Apply Global again.
  7. Start FSX and confirm everything is good-to-go.

Unfortunately doing all of the steps above didn't fix it. I think the base fsx installation must have been messed up somehow, because uninstalling both FTX and FS Global didn't make any difference. Strange though, because the sim looked just fine untill I installed FTX in the first place.

I don't know, I guess I have to do a complete reinstall. As I recall from previous expreience, completely removing fsx from the system was more difficult and time consuming than reinstalling windows. So, that's what I need to do I guess. Maybe I'll try a "repair" from the DVDs for FSX first, but I doubt that will be a success... Any more suggestions?

Hi Karoz,

I think you can also check this one;

Start -->Run and type %allusersprofile% then enter.

Get into Microsoft and then FSX folder.

There must be a scenery.cfg there (not the orbx ones), open it with notepad and check the Area.001. Under it you must have Texture_ID=1 If you dont have this line please add this and save. After that start fsx again.

silvera,

You know what? That actually WORKED! Haha :D Thanks a whole bunch man you saved me a lot of trouble!

So what does this exactly mean? Why was that line missing anyway? I don't remember ever having to do such an edit before.

You're welcome (: I had the same problem, similar one. Wolter and i have tried so hard to fix this and found this one at last.

Remember that everytime you select Global or anything else in Ftx central, this line goes away you gotto add it again. This only affects Turkish users somehow. Still no explanations i guess.

Archived