Cruise ships, Helos, etc

RickG

Hi all. I am trying to eliminate all the add-on cruise ships, helos, ga traffic and small boat traffic. Been so long since they were installed, I can't remember whether my ORBX installed them, or my Van+.v3. I clicked them 'off' in the Van+ configurator, but they are still showing. So, what the heck do I do to disable them all? Thanks.  Rick

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I do not have the Victoria add on. It is just that recently, I have been seeing a number of "20, 30 and 40 foot boats", as well as "Bell 206 Long Ranger"  helos, which I never noticed before. They also come up when you right click and get that list of a/c views, tower views, ai traffic etc. Because my Van+ add on has the ability to add in a number of different ai options, I was thinking it may have been part of it. Might be that they have always been there, and I just never noticed. Anyway, it's not a show stopper, mostly a small puzzler. Thanks again for your input.  Rick

Hi Rick,

that "20, 30 and 40 foot boats", as well as "Bell 206 Long Ranger" traffic definitely comes from FSAddon's VancouverPlus; see p.37-40 of its manual. If the deactivation via the control panel doesn't work then you can remove the files manually from \FSAddon\VanPlus v3\VanPlus_Higher_Priority\Scenery: look for five files starting with "Traffic_VPlus1_".

Chers, Holger

Hi again. Well, this is getting bizarre. I checked the files in the configurator to all "on", checked the higher priority scenery file, and they were all listed. Did a flight from YVR, and all the AI were flying and boating around, as expected. I disabled the files through the configurator, checked in the Higher Priority \Scenery file, and they were not listed. Now though, even with the files not listed, I still get the Van+ ai. I even went so far as to uninstall Van3, and reinstall, with no difference. Suppose I will just live with it. Thanks anyway. Rick

Archived