Problem with Lights

jimh20

Hi,

I've been flying in the daytime for a long time, but began a long flight which ended in the dark.

The transition was spectacular, but on approach I couldn't see the airport for masses of dome shaped bright white lights.

Slewing along at 150ft, I can see the lights are balls of white, above ground, but I don't see poles.  The lights are so brilliant, that in a city they appear as a mass of blinding white.

I'm in FSX, using FTX Global, set to hybrid, and it makes no difference whether vector lights are ticked or not.  I use REX, but only sky, clouds, and water are active.  I'm using neither SweetFX, nor ENB, and I'm in DX9 mode.

I must have something wrong, and could use some help to find it!

Thanks, Jim H.

To add to my OP:

Forgot about UT Europe.  Disabled UTE.  Now have nicely lit buildings and ground areas, as before, but no other lights at all, except within Uk2000's EGPF.

Changed FTX Central to Europe, with and without vector lights, still no lights.  :(

Jim

1. the Vector lights do work in FTX Global

2. the Vector light DO NOT work in the regions, you'll have to activate the lights switch

3. in Hybrid mode if you are flying in a region you still need to activate the lights switch

Also once you have gotten used to the massively dense FTXG lights, flying back into an FTX region seems like there are hardly any lights. I had this 'effect' happen to me when testing between FTXG and England. ENG seemed almost dark by comparison, but the fact is that the brightness and density are much lower.

Archived