Airport black textures?

mhlarsen

I had FTX Global 1.1 and FTX EU installed, and did the following:

1. Removed FTX EU (ENG + SCO +WLS + NIR).

2. Already after this I had black textures at KWYS.

3. Installed CRM 1.0 + patch 1.01 + patch 1.02 + latest library (FTX Central NA)

4. Installed KJAC + KWYS + KBZN (FTX Central NA)

KWYS with FTX Global Hybrid:

FTXGlobal_zps65971e97.jpg

KWYS with FTX Central NA: 

FTXNA_zpsd265733f.jpg

FSX library:

FSXLibrary_zpse53fe9d6.jpg

I am unsure if I should re-install FTX Global?

Hi Michael,

This is one I haven't seen before! The photoreal for KWYS is not displaying correctly. I don't believe this is an FTX Global issue, but probably a file corruption problem. Although you can check other airports like KJAC and KBZN to see if they are also displaying black ground textures.

As for KWYS, go to your C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery folder and locate the following files:

Orbx_KWYS_PR_30cm_airport.bgl - 50,948kb

Orbx_KWYS_PR_90cm.bgl - 306,669kb

Orbx_KWYS_PR_Lake_90cm.bgl - 7,243kb

Check and make sure all are present and the same size as listed above. If they aren't, try reinstalling KWYS. If they are, try reinstalling KWYS still just to be certain! And make sure to run the latest libraries afterward so it does not conflict with Global. I suspect that the photoreal files may have corrupted somewhere along the way. If reinstalling doesn't work we'll look into further measures.

Hi Michael,

This is one I haven't seen before! The photoreal for KWYS is not displaying correctly. I don't believe this is an FTX Global issue, but probably a file corruption problem. Although you can check other airports like KJAC and KBZN to see if they are also displaying black ground textures.

As for KWYS, go to your C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery folder and locate the following files:

Orbx_KWYS_PR_30cm_airport.bgl - 50,948kb

Orbx_KWYS_PR_90cm.bgl - 306,669kb

Orbx_KWYS_PR_Lake_90cm.bgl - 7,243kb

Check and make sure all are present and the same size as listed above. If they aren't, try reinstalling KWYS. If they are, try reinstalling KWYS still just to be certain! And make sure to run the latest libraries afterward so it does not conflict with Global. I suspect that the photoreal files may have corrupted somewhere along the way. If reinstalling doesn't work we'll look into further measures.

All above KWYS files are present and with correct size.

Tried reinstalling KWYS and latest library, but KWYS still looks the same.

KJAC:

KJAC_zps8b8b7692.jpg

KBZN:

KBZN_zps1a9cc433.jpg

Hi Michael,maybe the odd one out, before resorting to very drastic measures, but could you try and re-install FTX Global+patch, looks like you are missing some essential files/textures

I will try that first thing tomorrow morning and report back.

Could you please check out Edwards AFB, KEDW and Reno Stead, KRTS. (for black photoreal)

Photoreal were included in these airports in default FSX. 

What are your pc specs?

KEDW and KRTS looks exactly like KWYS.

My specs are:

Windows 7 64 Ultimate 12Gb

Intel i7 975

Nvidia GTX 770

FSXA

Not only did I uninstall FTX EU but also quite a lot of 3rd party airport sceneries.

Hi Michael,

maybe the odd one out, before resorting to very drastic measures, but could you try and re-install FTX Global+patch, looks like you are missing some essential files/textures

Reinstalled FTX Global 1.00 + 1.10, but KWYS still looks the same.

What Nvidia driver version do you have installed?

Latest 327.23.

A long shot, but worth a try: Run FTX-AERO from within FTXcentral and choose a different ground-detail (A corrupted Detail1.bmp can cause this issue)

Hmm, the file Detail1.bmp cannot be found by Aero.

Archived