Better mesh resolution

DocBird

When I fly over PNW, PFJ and/or SAK I often have the feeling that the mountains that are a bit further away are not as crisp and as sharp as they could/should be! They are too smooth in the distance in my opinion. They certainly become sharper and crispier when I come closer to the mountains.

Is there any possibility to increase the radius in which FSX loads a more detailed mesh resolutions? I don’t think that it would be beneficial to have a LOD set to 20 miles but a much better mesh resolution in that distance would be fine! BTW: is there a maximum LOD radius?

Especially if I fly at a higher altitude 10.000+ there is no need to have any detailed texture ground resolution but a detailed mesh would be wonderful on my way from Juneau to Anchorage!

Any help or tweak?

Thanks, Wolter!

I have gained some headroom by the use of DX10, but your suggestion will also draw the textures within this radius, correct?

In real life you can see the peaks of the mountains for a big distance and you see them crisp but not in great (texture) details.

Anyway, I will start and play a bit with the LOD and might trade some of the water settings and/or autogen density against LOD but maybe one of your development wizards can find something to improve (only) the mesh resolution in the distance?

Sxxt: I was happy with 25 fps average most things maxed out in PANC yesterday and today I again start to fiddle around with the settings. Will this never end?

Archived