scenery .cfg proper order

flyinion

So until FTX Global openLC comes out for North America I've been continuing to use the old FS Genesis US Landclass addon.  However, by default this is installed in the basic "addon scenery" folder instead of a separate entry in the scenery.cfg.  Worried that it would be overwritten by the FTX Global openlc_base entry I moved it to an actual folder in addon scenery and gave it an actual .cfg entry and put it on top of the openLC entries.  Here's the problem.  All the other Orbx addons are also below it by default.  I realized tonight that the FS Genesis entry is overwriting PNW landlass.  I'm wondering, can I safely move all the PNW entries above the rest of the Orbx addon entries?  Currently it is below the Australia SP4 ones and Global's openLC ones.

In other words, currently it looks like this (in abbreviated form) when PNW is activated in FTX Central and not in hybrid mode either (don't know why Australia still shows)

FS genesis landclass

FTX Global openLC entries

Australia SP4 entries

KHQM and other PNW free airport entries

PNW entries

I'd like to make it look like this instead if it won't cause any conflicts.

KHQM and other PNW free airport entries

PNW entries

FS genesis landclass

FTX Global openLC entries

Australia SP4 entries

edit:  Right now I'm just going to uncheck to deactivate the FSGenesis LC entry when using PNW until I hear back, but just rearranging the cfg would be a much better solution if it will work ok and not mess with other Orbx items.

Can I get some advice on this please?  I just ripped out my entire install and am reinstalling (to clean up 3 1/2 years of who knows what) and so maybe installing Australia, PNW, Global in that order (vs. the order I bought them in of PNW, Global, Australia) will clean things up but just in case, I'm still trying to figure out where to put things in the cfg so they don't interfere and layer in the correct way.

clean install :

fsX

SP1 + SP2 or Acceleration, make you settings for Controllers, Graphics, etc., etc.

test if all works OK

REX, UTX, FS Genesis, FS Global etc etc + their recommended patches and or updates

test if all works OK

AU regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

AU airports + all updates and patches

test if all works OK, possible need for installing latest library files

NA regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

NA airports + all updates and patches

NZ regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

NZ airports + all updates and patches

EU regions + all updates and patches

test if all works OK

EU airports + all updates and patches

set FTX Central to default

FTX Global, make sure to make a backup copy when prompted by the installer

run the latest library files

that should about cover it imho

Ok thanks.  Any input on my issue with PNW and its landclass vs. FTX global landclass vs. the FS Genesis US landclass?  (the main 48 states are covered only I believe).  I.e. if my new .cfg ends up with FTX Global's LC entries sitting above PNW again, would it hurt anything to put the FS Genesis one below it?  I.e. I'm assuming nothing in the FTX Global base LC entry would affect the US since I think you guys used it to fix some issues in Asia and/or other areas of the world only right?  

I know there are the southwest (grand canyon) area fixes in the FTX Global patch but I'm fine with that sitting on top of the FS Genesis landclass.  For that matter if it's fine for the FS Genesis landclass file to sit below the Global ones, I can actually just leave it in its default "addon scenery" folder location which is far down the cfg file by default anyway.  Basically I'm trying to make sure the FTX Global base landclass entry isn't going to interfere with FS Genesis's US landclass.  I'm planning on grabbing the FTX one when it finally comes but I'd like to use something other than FSX default for now :)

how fsX scenery is build up in different layers, best explanation is here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about where Rob Newman gives a great explanation of this, please make sure to read through the posts as Rob has made several in that topic explaining things, I do hope that it clarifies a few questions you may have

Hi Wolter, thanks for the link.  It looks like my question is answered in this post in that thread http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/?p=566231

It looks like FTX Global LC should be placed below everything else.  I'm not sure where it will end up when I finish my install of everything (hopefully tonight I got nothing done last night other than testing if a water problem from my old install was now fixed).  However now I know I should move it below all the scenery and that means I can put the FS Genesis landclass on top of the FTX Global LC where it should go and then the FTX regions can live on top of that if I'm understanding that post correctly.  I guess I wish I'd looked through all the other posts in that thread since I did see the original post when it was first made.  I guess I didn't have a need to look for more information in it at the time.

Well, I guess this is now a non-issue.  I was looking at that tool and it looks like it puts all of the FTX entries in one big block and a specific order.  There's no way to put the FS Genesis landclass above the FTX Global base LC and below PNW at the same time.  

Basically I can have.....

OZx scenery

FSGenesis LC

FTXG landclass

Australia SP4

PNW

other scenery entries of my own

or I can have

OZx scenery

FTXG landclass

Australia SP4

PNW

FSGenesis LC

but not what I wanted which is.........

OZx scenery

Australia SP4

PNW

FSGenesis LC

FTXG landclass

I can set it once while I'm in FSX but it reverts the next time FTX Central is used.

Archived